-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Used Equipment Pricing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor

• 889 posts

Posted June 07 2003 - 11:38 AM

Not sure where to post this question, so I guess that this is as good a place as any.

For those of you that have sold equipment, how did you determine what to ask for it? I'm going to be upgrading in a while and want to get a fair price for my Pioneer Elite VSX-37TX receiver. I've looked at Audiogon and Ebay, but have not seen one for sale. The Audiogon Bluebook does not have a listing for my model. Any ideas?

#2 of 3 Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted June 11 2003 - 06:43 AM

It is hard to say. When I sold my speakers I had a price in mind that I wanted to get but took a chance an put it up on ebay without a reserve. I ended up getting more then what I was asking in the for sale forum here.

BTW a quick search on google shows them selling new for between $700 and $1000. That should give you an idea of where to start.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." Frank Zappa

Dealer listing for Toronto & Area

My Shiva

#3 of 3 Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor

• 889 posts

Posted June 11 2003 - 11:54 PM

Lee,
Thanks for the response. I have put my receiver in the hardware f/s area and haven't had any interest yet. Oh well.