What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Technics is launching the SL-G700M2, which will be available from the end of January next year. The multi-digital audio player is the successor to the SL-G700 network/Super Audio CD player, but equipped with the latest digital and analogue technologies to improve performance and sound. The new deck, priced at $3,499, supports MQA, high-resolution audio sources, streaming services, as well as Super Audio CD and CD playback.
A high precision onboard coherent DAC converts digital values to analogue signals with the “utmost precision” and outputs them to an amplifier. The filter circuit after the D/A conversion uses an amplifier circuit with a discrete configuration to realize higher responsiveness and signal-to-noise. The player is also equipped with a multi-stage silent power supply, which provides noise suppression in three stages: a high-speed switching power supply, low-noise regulator, and current injection active noise cancelling.
A pure disc playback mode is dedicated for Super...

Continue reading...

Lee Sandersen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leland T. Sandersen
Are they still related to Panasonic? Still have a working turntable by them that I bought in the late 70s. Nice piece, though my higher end Pioneer table with the s shaped tonearm is even cooler yet. Gosh, I really miss those days. I know, I know, today is so much better as far as that is concerned, but it seemed to be so much more magical back them.

YANG

Screenwriter
Technics, together with TEAC and Panasonic, are registered brands under the Matsushita Group. And yes... they're still in certain way, related.
Look on the face of this Media Streamer/Player, wouldn't that remind you of the UB9000? With exception of the tray and back panel layout of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks