What's new
World Wide Stereo

Austin HD NBA Finals party? (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
So are any of you folks getting together to watch the Finals in HD? With our proximity to San Antonio, I figure there must be at least a few Spurs fans in the capital city.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Hi Robert. I'm not a sports junkie, so I'll be finishing up some experimental speakers and helping a friend work on his huge model railroad layout this weekend. But, I bet there's at least a couple of folks here who will be watching the Finals. I do hope the Spurs go all the way!

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
How-D Robert,

I missed this thread earlier, and others may have as well. You might want to post your inquiry in the 'Austin Movie Nights! thread.

In general though, I have had trouble finding sports fans within the active members. I am rooting for the Nets only because I have been following Jason Kidd's career since watching him at every home game when he was at Cal. When he took the Bears to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time in the school's history he made a believer out of me and I have not stopped wishing him great success ever since. If the Nets were not in the finals though I'd be cheering for the Admiral to go out in style with another championship ring!

Series is tied 2-2, but the last three games are in SA and Jason has not been playing to his usual spectacular level - its hard to imagine SA not coming away with the win.

Chad Anson

Second Unit
The NBA just doesn't do it for me the past several years. I am, however, a pretty rabid college football/basketball and pro football fan. Agreed that it would be a major upset for San Antonio to lose the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks