Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

T2:Metal Case (Artisan to help in replacing cases)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#1 of 182 OFFLINE   Ron Pinsonneault

Ron Pinsonneault

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 06:15 AM

Trying to pull the dvd out of the metal case marred and scratched the inside plastic case. Is this a lousy design or am I doing something wrong again? Posted Image

#2 of 182 OFFLINE   Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 07:28 AM

You're not the only one. I had difficulty as well pulling the metal slipcover off the DVD case, and it scratched the plastic on the side of the case. While a metal slip cover is a little extra goodie to have, they could have made it at least a little easier for us to get it off the main package itself.
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#3 of 182 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 07:37 AM

Worst design for a dvd case I've ever seen. It's the same style as Artisan's RAMBO Trilogy metal case. I managed to get the inner case out after a little trouble, only to discover a long tear in the plastic sleeve. It had to have happened when the case was inserted into the metal sleeve during the packaging stage. I'll replace the damaged case, and then store the metal cover, never to be used again.

The metal sleeve has little flaps that are folded into the inside. These flaps are what "snag" the plastic sleeve of the dvd case when removing or inserting the case. It doesn't matter whether it's removed from the top or bottom, since the flaps are at both ends.

The inner dvd case uses the same boring photo of Arnold's face as the previous "ultimate" dvd. I'm surprised they didn't redesign the artwork. It's almost identical to the previous edition.

If Artisan insists on using metal cases for their limited editions, I'd prefer they use the style that Disney uses for their "Treasures" series, or the ones Anchor Bay used to use. At least these can be opened easily, and actually protect the dvd cover, rather than damaging it.

"Extreme" indeed...

#4 of 182 OFFLINE   Matt Naglieri

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 08:00 AM

I had virtually no trouble getting the case out of the tin.

I slowly pressed downward from the top of the case and had it out in 30 seconds however, I hate both UE / EE metal cases they were a very bad decision.

#5 of 182 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,269 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 08:00 AM

Artisan apparently listened to its customers, who complained bitterly about the metal case on the T2:Ultimate Edition being too loose..... Posted Image

#6 of 182 OFFLINE   EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 08:11 AM

i got my plastic case ripped too.

even the metal case wasn't very even.

Artisan, Artisan, Artisan...
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

#7 of 182 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 08:35 AM

my case also tore along the botton of the spine.
most likely from those sharp metal folds on the inside.

nice looking case,much more interesting than the UE one, imo- but no way in hell i'm actually using it as a slipcase.

#8 of 182 OFFLINE   Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers

Second Unit

• 437 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 08:46 AM

#9 of 182 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 08:57 AM

The original case could be made a little tighter by removing the DVD case and pressing the back of the metal case down - bending it carefully, and ever so slightly and you'll find that the keepcase fits snuggly in. Posted Image

This new transfer look awesome, judging by the screenshot comparisons on the other thread.

Shame that I have gone off this film in recent years. But fans must be stoked! Posted Image

Gordy

#10 of 182 OFFLINE   Nick Graham

Nick Graham

Screenwriter

• 1,409 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 10:21 AM

I was as gentle as could be and my keepcase spine was torn to shreds...well worth the $15 for the new transfer though.

#11 of 182 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 10:38 AM

A tip for removing your DVD from the metal case:

Press in on the front of the case (the embossed exoskeleton) and that will allow a bit more play on the spine ends. Push your keepcase out and VOILA! You should have no tears at all, and the case should slide pretty smoothly.
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#12 of 182 OFFLINE   dan fritzen

dan fritzen

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 10:48 AM

i ripped the plastic too, and now my firewall will not allow me to get a license to view the HD DVDROM, tech support has no clue what port it uses so I am screwed!
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you enjoy the show?"

#13 of 182 OFFLINE   Richard Kim

Richard Kim

Producer

• 4,389 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 10:48 AM

I pressed down on the metal case... and still scratched the shit out the spine!

And it's even harder to put it back in without scratching it even more!

Damn you, Artisan!
Posted Image Posted Image

#14 of 182 OFFLINE   Sean Frost

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 11:05 AM

Yeah mine got scratched to, but I don't really care and still keep it in the metal case because you can't see the scratches and it looks great. As long as it doesn't screw the discs up I'm fine with it. Posted Image
"There was....there was this guy, he had knives for fingers"

#15 of 182 OFFLINE   Jason Kleeberg

Jason Kleeberg

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 11:05 AM

Ripped the plastic slightly on my spine.

Never putting it back in that damn case...it'll sit next to it on the shelf.

Gah. WORST...DESIGN...EVER.

#16 of 182 OFFLINE   Mike_S

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 11:42 AM

I had trouble with mine as well. Beautiful outer case but a DVD case shredder built inside. I'm going to write or e-mail Artisan to get a replacement DVD case. Anyone else going to do this?
My Home Theater

#17 of 182 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 11:46 AM

I got mine out of the metal case without any problems but I doubt I will ever put it back inside.

#18 of 182 OFFLINE   Edward Schatz

Edward Schatz

Second Unit

• 415 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 11:48 AM

haha. I thought I was the only one with this problem. I scratched it not once, but twice! Going in and out. Did anyone buy their copy at Best Buy? All of the metal cases were scratched and damaged. I managed to find one in OK condition.
Edward

#19 of 182 OFFLINE   gregstaten

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 11:54 AM

Ripped the hell out of the spine of the keepcase here -- and I thought I was being really careful. Then again, I can't help but wonder if the keepcase wasn't torn up when they *put* it in the case...

-greg

#20 of 182 OFFLINE   Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 12:14 PM

I think the case was 'manufactured' over the KC.
It's those two indentations on both sides of the metal case, that do the most damage. Posted Image
IMNotSoHO!
Got mine out, OK. Nothing major. However, will not attempt to reinsert the KC.
No kidding! :b

After the slipoff all the time metal slip cover of the T2 EE and now the ripoff all the time metal cover on the T2 UE: I am calling these covers;

DUMB & DUMBER!! Posted Image Posted Image
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!