What's new

T2:Metal Case (Artisan to help in replacing cases) (1 Viewer)

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
So, Artisan says:

We are aware of the problems with the first-run of the metal O card packaging for T2 and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused your members.
So they acknowledge the metal slip case is defective. Are they going to do anything to correct THAT problem? I want a new plastic case, but apparently I still won't be able to use the metal case anymore.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Managed to get mine out safely. Took me awhile, but I was able to avoid injury to me and the keepcase. I won't be putting it back in though. Cool idea badly implemented.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
I just called the number and they gave me an e-mail address to write to. They said to include my mailing address.

The address is [email protected]

I hope it's ok to post that here. If not, it can be removed.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
From the good folks over at www.dvdtalk.com

Artisan has been quick to acknowledge the problem and they've set up a hotline for people to call to get new plastic replacement cases. The number to call for a replacement case is 800.650.7099. Since the metal cases are 'limited' they are only going to replace the plastic inside case, or advise is to NOT put the new case back in the metal sleeve as it WILL tear it!
Well, thumbs up to Artisan for acting quickly on this, as I don't have any spare keepcases, and wasn't wanting to dig for one when it was Artisan's fault.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I really don't understand studios. Why don't they just use a regular case? Period. Using tins, "icepicks," and such is just a plain mess. Hopefully, Artisan will learn.

James St

Supporting Actor
Add me to list of those with a shredded spine on my case. At least Artisan has acknowledged the problem and appears to be willing to correct it.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I bought this yesterday & was able to remove the regular keepcase from the metal outer case without any problem or damage. The outer metal case though, was quite bent.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Anybody have some side angle photos of the metal case? I don't understand the problem.

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
I just called and they said to send the e-mail to [email protected] with your address and where you bought it. They said that the case will include the cover art. I'll continue to use the slipcase now that I know a replacement is on the way. ;)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I'll continue to use the slipcase now that I know a replacement is on the way.
I sent away for the the replacement as well though there was no mention of needing to identify the place of puchase. Considering the potential for skin tears and other injuries I don't see a great need to continue use of the slipcase. Its cosmetic value is marginal at best and gratly outweighed by risk of injury to the case and me personally.

Joel

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
I must of gotten one of the looser cases because it slides out pretty easily, and the scratches it makes are so small.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It's unfortunate many of you have experienced damage from removing the case from the metal sleeve. I have not even opened the plastic shrinkwrap on mine yet.

I must say though, the idea of the metal slipcase is still a good one. There's nothing wrong with a company that wants to be creative and celebrate a product that the fans will appreciate. In this case, the tolerances of the manufacturing of the metal case was too difficult to maintain given how difficult it is to predict the thickness of the plastic cases. Also the manufacturing of the metal slipcase was not up to spec either. They just needed to spend more time refining the design and manufacturing process.

I hope that Artisan continues this practice of giving the fans something different. It's tough though to make those things and to keep the cost down so we, the consumer will still find it attractive to buy.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i do appreciate Artisan's approach to do something "cool" but i wish they wouldn't fail alot of the time. if the case actually had ~fit~, it would be one of the nicer packaging ideas on my shelf.

at least this time ther issue is cosmetic; the transfer of the movie is good.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Aaron - I'm betting that he was one of the first to call and they realized they needed to route these to a different email address. I just called and the woman on the phone was quite pleasant. Shame the case was so destructive. It was an interesting idea, but obviously it didn't work out as well in the execution.

(I'm still convinced my case was damaged when they put the metal cover on.)

-greg

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
That's what I think to. My dvd was certainly ripped when it was put in the metal case. When I opened the first one at Circuit City I could hear it rip as I took it out and it was ripped wide open. After I returned it, the second one which we took out very carefully, held in the metal case, etc. didn't make any sound, came out smoothly, and was still ripped.

The woman definitely was very nice. She knew exactly what I was calling about. I'm thinking I should perhaps call back and ask for her number.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I figure they've already closed for the night now so it's too late to call back but I said in my e-mail along with the address that I called at around 6 P.M. and the woman was very nice and she deserves a promotion.

Maybe they will get from what I said that I would like her number and perhaps some nice chinese food delivered to enjoy with her sometime next week!

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks