Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Blackhawk Down 3-Disc $16 @ My.Sony

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 of 113 OFFLINE   Don_Houle

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts
  • LocationNorthwestern New Jersey

Posted June 02 2003 - 12:19 AM

Sweet deal! Thanks for the heads-up!

#22 of 113 OFFLINE   JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted June 02 2003 - 12:29 AM

It's 30 bucks on Amazon... I got it for 16.80. I wasn't planning on picking it up, but for that price, I can't even IMAGINE not picking this up. Hell, I'll give my old copy (which I got for free from a CHTV giveaway) to my father for Father's Day. He'll love it! Thanks for the heads-up!

#23 of 113 OFFLINE   Chris Harrison

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for the heads up. A total steal at $16.96 considering the cheapest I've seen advertised is $24.99 at Target.

#24 of 113 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 05:02 AM

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered mine. 17 & change isn't bad at all.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#25 of 113 OFFLINE   Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,324 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 05:04 AM

If anyone gets an e-mail confirmation of it being SENT to you, please post. It appears nobody's has shipped yet. I am still just a little bit skeptical and I am concerned they will cancel orders because of a pricing error. People on another forum had ordered this and other movies in the same order; the other movies shipped, but not BHD:SE.

#26 of 113 OFFLINE   Greg S

Greg S

Supporting Actor

• 991 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 05:23 AM

Jumped on this as well. I sold my original release of this film months ago when there was true confirmation of this coming out. Dave I wouldn't be suprised if BHD won't be shipped until the official release date (ie tommorrow) at minimum. I could be wrong but just a guess. One thing is certain I ordered on Sat and they already charged my card. Greg

#27 of 113 OFFLINE   ChrisConklin

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 05:42 AM

I still have BHD in my shopping cart, and i doubt its a pricing error because other new releases are offered for $17 once you have 500 points, the same as you can save like $80 on a TV if you have 1500 points, they wouldn't call it a "reward" if they sold it to us for MSRP.

#28 of 113 OFFLINE   Eric Meske

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 06:38 AM

Tim,

Thanks very much for the heads-up. You just saved me $10 in a very expensive week. Posted Image

#29 of 113 OFFLINE   TonyTone

TonyTone

Supporting Actor

• 728 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for letting us know! I just joined up and put in my order--came out to $17.16; does My Sony normally offer free shipping on movies? Just wondering 'cuz shipping costs were shown as $0.00...

#30 of 113 OFFLINE   John Swarce

John Swarce

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 10:06 AM

Tony: My Sony offers free shipping on everything in Rewards Central. I have found some prices higher than at other internet sites, so shop wisely. BHD is at a great price point, though. I received shipping confirmation on the other disc I ordered with BHD in my e-mail today. I'll let everyone know if I get confirmation on BHD tomorrow. Why they didn't ship both titles together is beyond me...
"Things you own end up owning you" --Fight Club

You are what you are when no one is looking...

#31 of 113 OFFLINE   JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted June 02 2003 - 10:31 AM

I also saw they had a 32" Wega for 599... like 200 less than Best Buy. That's a decent deal!

#32 of 113 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,076 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 05:02 PM

Thanks Tim for bringing this one up. I held off on buying this one because they were kind enough to announce the three disc version before they even shipped the original so I figured it was worth the wait. At this price it’s a great buy. The more I have watched this movie on the movie channels the more I regard it as one of the finest movies in the last few years. I can’t wait to get my hands on this one.

#33 of 113 OFFLINE   Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler

Producer

• 3,973 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 07:04 PM

Excellent deal, which I readily took advantage of. Thanks for posting!

#34 of 113 OFFLINE   Peter Kim

Peter Kim

Screenwriter

• 1,577 posts

Posted June 02 2003 - 07:12 PM

Now this is a deal! Thanks for the excellent heads up, Tim. I signed up (500 pts), placed an item in my wish list (another 1000 pts) and completed the order all within 5 minutes.

My order tallied to $17.12, with USPS Priority Shipping. Although my order confirmation stated that delivery is within 7-10 days. Hope this is just a max ceiling.

Posted Image
my girls rock Balenciaga & smoke mad marijuana - M.O.B.

#35 of 113 OFFLINE   Luis S

Luis S

Supporting Actor

• 638 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 12:51 AM

Dont worry guys. I was told by a rep that BHD hadnt shipped because of low stock. They seem to have suddenly got a few more orders in than they anticipated. Posted Image I imagine this is the case for most of us.I was told to expect it to ship today or tomorrow.

Later,
Luis S
Neo: "Its been an honor sir."

Morpheus: " No,the honor is still mine."

#36 of 113 OFFLINE   John Millers

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 03:20 AM

Luis, Please, Please, Please DO NOT CALL when you think there is a deal "to good to be true"! The less attention brought to a deal the better. Most order fulfilment systems will allow orders to be sent out without attracting the company's attention. But talking to a rep who then talks to their manager will get attention. Again DO NOT CALL!!!!!
"He who laughs last....thinks the slowest."

"I haven't lost my mind. I backed it up on the network, but the server is down."

#37 of 113 OFFLINE   Alfonso_M

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 03:28 AM

Thanks for the tip, just ordered BHD for $17.12, I wished they offered SACDs but I didn't find any, may be soon..

#38 of 113 OFFLINE   Luis S

Luis S

Supporting Actor

• 638 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 04:57 AM

John Millers, I never do. But they were having problems with the credit card # I gave them so I had to fix it. It is what it is. Couldn't be helped. Be more fearful of those that have posted this deal in other forums. A phone call to a CSR is relatively harmless. A HUGE surge of orders however that causes an item to go out of stock attracts the attention you should be worried about. To much paranoia with the phone calls. Its word of mouth you all should be afraid of.... Later, Luis S

#39 of 113 OFFLINE   John Millers

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 09:57 AM

Luis,

I hope you we still able to get in on the deal. I agree that word of mouth can be a killer. I would say the paranoia is justified, we have seen many of these deals disapear after the dreaded CSR call. Anyhow Lets cross our fingers Posted Image
"He who laughs last....thinks the slowest."

"I haven't lost my mind. I backed it up on the network, but the server is down."

#40 of 113 OFFLINE   Luis S

Luis S

Supporting Actor

• 638 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 10:22 AM

Justified? No not really. Unless somone calls and tells the rep "hey did you know...." Believe me its the volume of orders that does it, not calling the csr.

For example I got in on a deal on Wal-Mart.com for the Nghtmare on Elm Street 7 disc set. Instead of paying $80 I paid $16. Now it took less than an hour before that was sold out and Wal-Mart took notice and changed the price. NO ONE called about it, it was the frenzy that did it.

I couldnt begin to tell you the deals they had. They sold out so fast its scary. Ap 3-pack $12, South Park S! $12, it goes on and on. I didnt even have time to post it everything went out so fast.Like I said, word of mouth is the real enemy.

Anyhoo sorry about going off topic like that. I wouldnt worry to much about not getting the movie. Should be on its way soon enough. Ill be expecting a confirmation (or god forbid a denial) tomorrow or the day after.We'll see... Posted Image

Later,

Luis S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users