-

Photo
- - - - -

Tremors- Who's watching?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 03:24 AM

About to watch Friday's ep, Frankly I've enjoyed the first 4 about 10x more than I thought I would

I feel the show has some great tongue-in-cheek combined with a great Dukes of Hazzard feel Posted Image Of course, they could run out of ideas real fast and the whole thing could flush

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 04:35 AM

I've caught a couple episodes and they weren't terrible. Could easily go down in flames, but a nice distraction when I catch them.
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 09:59 AM

I record them all to DVD-R but not watching yet, gona wait till I have a bunch, along with Tremors 4, but from the bits I did see I sure liked it, just like the sequels.
Top: 1-10 | 11-20 | Complete Archives | Discs: 1397
New R1: Cube SE | Cube² | Noir Vol.1 | .hack//Sign Vol.1 | RahXephon Vol.1 | Assassins | Judge Dredd | One Hour Photo | Unfaithful

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 10:02 AM

It certainly doesn't suck. It's not Farscape, no, but I'd put it up there with Stargate as far as Sci-Fi's original programming goes. And since Universal owns it lock, stock, and barrel, I've got some confidence that the production values will stay relatively high and it won't be squeezed out for money reasons (I'm going to pretend I don't remember the last year of Sliders).

One thing I have noticed is that original writers S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock have teleplay and/or story credit on every episode thus far. Gives me a good feeling; like it is in fact more stories these guys wanted to tell with the characters rather than just a brand name being exploited.

Of course, they could run out of ideas real fast. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 06:32 PM

Nope, I'm not watching. Sci-Fi was delisted from my channel lineup immediately after my TiVo recorded the last episode of Farscape.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Second Unit

• 337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted April 20 2003 - 01:19 AM

I'm am also a die hard Farscape fan, but have caught a couple episodes of Tremors.

The cast is good, the production values are some of the best I’ve seen, but after episode 4 it is already bogged down in another "mutant of the week" story. These stories are either some sort of government/corporate conspiracy with an out of control mutant (plant in this case) that can spread out of the valley and spread over the world.

So far, they've covered mutant mists, animals, and now vegetables. I don't know where else they can take the monster angle, sentient rocks perhaps?

The characters are interesting enough, with each having some sort of back-story. The tough thing about Tremors, is that characters do not drive a show of this type, and the idea well in Perdition Nevada has already run dry.

Given that, this series is destined to be buried soon.

Bring back Farscape with an entire universe to explore along with colorful (some "really colorful) characters!
SpenceJT

My DVD Collection
"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" - Capt. Mal Reynolds "Serenity"

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   JasonRH

JasonRH

Supporting Actor

• 504 posts

Posted April 20 2003 - 02:14 AM

I caught 2 episodes so far. They were good enough to keep me interested in watching on a regular basis.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   John Torrez

John Torrez

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted April 21 2003 - 05:39 PM

I'm glad the CGI looks a lot better than it did in the third movie. But whats with the moving dirt mound thingy (is that what its called?) that El Blanco makes when its moving around? It looks so fake compared to what it looks like in the other films.