What's new

Tremors- Who's watching? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
About to watch Friday's ep, Frankly I've enjoyed the first 4 about 10x more than I thought I would

I feel the show has some great tongue-in-cheek combined with a great Dukes of Hazzard feel :) Of course, they could run out of ideas real fast and the whole thing could flush

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I've caught a couple episodes and they weren't terrible. Could easily go down in flames, but a nice distraction when I catch them.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I record them all to DVD-R but not watching yet, gona wait till I have a bunch, along with Tremors 4, but from the bits I did see I sure liked it, just like the sequels.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It certainly doesn't suck. It's not Farscape, no, but I'd put it up there with Stargate as far as Sci-Fi's original programming goes. And since Universal owns it lock, stock, and barrel, I've got some confidence that the production values will stay relatively high and it won't be squeezed out for money reasons (I'm going to pretend I don't remember the last year of Sliders).

One thing I have noticed is that original writers S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock have teleplay and/or story credit on every episode thus far. Gives me a good feeling; like it is in fact more stories these guys wanted to tell with the characters rather than just a brand name being exploited.

Of course, they could run out of ideas real fast. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Nope, I'm not watching. Sci-Fi was delisted from my channel lineup immediately after my TiVo recorded the last episode of Farscape.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
I'm am also a die hard Farscape fan, but have caught a couple episodes of Tremors.

The cast is good, the production values are some of the best I’ve seen, but after episode 4 it is already bogged down in another "mutant of the week" story. These stories are either some sort of government/corporate conspiracy with an out of control mutant (plant in this case) that can spread out of the valley and spread over the world.

So far, they've covered mutant mists, animals, and now vegetables. I don't know where else they can take the monster angle, sentient rocks perhaps?

The characters are interesting enough, with each having some sort of back-story. The tough thing about Tremors, is that characters do not drive a show of this type, and the idea well in Perdition Nevada has already run dry.

Given that, this series is destined to be buried soon.

Bring back Farscape with an entire universe to explore along with colorful (some "really colorful) characters!

JasonRH

Second Unit
I caught 2 episodes so far. They were good enough to keep me interested in watching on a regular basis.

John Torrez

Second Unit
I'm glad the CGI looks a lot better than it did in the third movie. But whats with the moving dirt mound thingy (is that what its called?) that El Blanco makes when its moving around? It looks so fake compared to what it looks like in the other films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks