What's new

My room is driving me nuts. What can I do? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Ja

Agent
My room is "L" shaped and it's driving me crazy. I currently have 7.1 running in my room where i sit 2 feet from the back wall. I noticed last night when I sit at the back wall my mid range and sub sound so much better. When I sit at the original location I cant feel the bass that well. I have moved this sub, hsu vtf-2, everywhere and the only place it sounds right is in the left front corner. My question, is there a way to control peaks or other in room reponses, with something like paramatic eq, or am I just going to have to give up my 7.1? :frowning:

Joey_N

Agent
Although I'm still learning about HT, a combination of ideal sub location (trial & error, try here as a starting point), strategic room treatments, & a parametric EQ like the Behringer Feedback Destroyer (BFD) Pro will likely handle your problems.

Those much more knowledgeable about the BFD will probably speak up soon. From what I'm reading, it does have a significant learning curve (though the results from many reviews seem well worth it).

If I got it wrong, please correct me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks