-

Photo
- - - - -

My room is driving me nuts. What can I do?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Patrick Ja

Patrick Ja

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 07:08 AM

My room is "L" shaped and it's driving me crazy. I currently have 7.1 running in my room where i sit 2 feet from the back wall. I noticed last night when I sit at the back wall my mid range and sub sound so much better. When I sit at the original location I cant feel the bass that well. I have moved this sub, hsu vtf-2, everywhere and the only place it sounds right is in the left front corner. My question, is there a way to control peaks or other in room reponses, with something like paramatic eq, or am I just going to have to give up my 7.1? Posted Image

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Joey_N

Joey_N

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 03:41 AM

Although I'm still learning about HT, a combination of ideal sub location (trial & error, try here as a starting point), strategic room treatments, & a parametric EQ like the Behringer Feedback Destroyer (BFD) Pro will likely handle your problems.

Those much more knowledgeable about the BFD will probably speak up soon. From what I'm reading, it does have a significant learning curve (though the results from many reviews seem well worth it).

If I got it wrong, please correct me Posted Image