Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Myers set for Austin Powers 4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 of 49 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 10:31 PM

From Cinema Confidential :

The celebrity news service reports that Myers is prepping a script that will have all of his leading ladies - Elizabeth Hurley, Heather Graham, and Beyonce Knowles - involved again. Plans are to have pre-production in the spring, with the shoot taking place at Shepperton and Pinewood studios in England before the end of the year.

I assumed another one was inevitable but I was hoping maybe he'd wait a bit and do several other projects in between.

I guess 500 tons of money has its effect. Posted Image

#2 of 49 OFFLINE   Stevan Lay

Stevan Lay

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 12:27 AM

I was hoping I had seen the last of the AP sequels when I watched Goldmember - hardly any good laughs to be had. Maybe I was mistaken but did it not conclude with a 'The End' signage?

#3 of 49 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 12:57 AM

I love AP2, one of my favorite movies. AP1 was not bad, but I don't like it nearly as much as 2. AP3, didn't do much for me, I rate it as the worst of the bunch. Can't really see the need for an AP4.

#4 of 49 OFFLINE   Mike Hutman

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor

• 895 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 02:48 AM

I loved part 3, and will wait with open arms for the 4th.

#5 of 49 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,674 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 05 2003 - 03:45 AM

Quote:
I loved part 3, and will wait with open arms for the 4th.

Me too! Posted Image

With all the ladies returning, perhaps it'll be called Austin Powers in Pussy Galore Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#6 of 49 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 04:20 AM

Or Austin Powers in OCTOPUSSY!

#7 of 49 OFFLINE   Adam_ME

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 05:40 AM

I liked Goldmember a helluva lot more than Part 2. I wouldn't mind seeing another one, provided the character Goldmember is nowhere to be seen and Seth Green becomes the new Dr. Evil as implied by the end of the third film.
I should really learn to knock....in case there's a threesome going on in my bedroom. - Sandy Cohen, The O.C., The Countdown

My DVD Collection

#8 of 49 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,187 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 05:44 AM

Goldmember, IMO, really was the worst of the bunch. It ruined the things set up by the series (Dr. Evil being REALLY evil, Scott not being able to connect with him, Austin having some sort of internal conflict) and only gave a few truly funny moments. To me, AP1 and 2 were instant classic comedies, especially 1.

I just hope they don't follow suit with the first 3 films and have it take place in the 80s. Though all 3 women returning would be cool.

#9 of 49 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 07:32 AM

I saw Goldmember twice and I don't ever want to see it again. Mike needs to stop beating a dead horse. The first five minutes of the film were absolute genius and had me gasping for air, but the rest of the film was half-hearted.

Where's Wayne's World 3? Posted Image Actually I'd love to see Mike and Dana team up for a movie. They were one of the best duos on SNL and beyond.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#10 of 49 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 09:31 AM

Quote:
Actually I'd love to see Mike and Dana team up for a movie. They were one of the best duos on SNL and beyond.

I always thought it would be a great idea if Dana Carvey were to co-star along with Mike Myers in an Austin Powers film, maybe as a sidekick or something.

No wait...I'm seeing something. Yes! Austin Powers and Turtle Guy! Posted Image

#11 of 49 OFFLINE   Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 11:47 AM

I think it would really give the 4th film a boost if he could slip Dana in there somewhere, let him be the new villain rather than taking on yet another role.

Anyway, while AP3 was more uneven than the first two films, I still enjoyed it quite a bit and look forward to just a little bit more of those characters. It's doubtful that it will make the kind of BO that 2 and 3 did, but it should still do well enough to warrant making it.

#12 of 49 OFFLINE   Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,241 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 12:39 PM

I really thought all 3 were very funny flicks...but I'd rather see another Waynes World....or *gasp* something original...

#13 of 49 OFFLINE   Chad R

Chad R

Screenwriter

• 2,174 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 01:40 PM

I liked all three films, but really feel that it's over. I don't hae any empty feeling inside aching for a fourth film.

#14 of 49 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 02:12 PM

bleh this series should just stop now...
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#15 of 49 OFFLINE   Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 02:45 PM

Quote:
No wait...I'm seeing something. Yes! Austin Powers and Turtle Guy!

GACK! Wayne and Garth is one thing...but...NO!!!
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#16 of 49 OFFLINE   Paul>Wh

Paul>Wh

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 04:01 PM

IMHO no more WWIII WWII was so bad that it brought down the original and I cannot stomache to watch either one. Keep up the Austin Powers fun though, just my $.02,
Paul
I am alittle..............slow.

#17 of 49 OFFLINE   FredK

FredK

Second Unit

• 466 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 05:30 PM

Funny how we're tired of AP and the lack of originality... when this is one of the recent few original comedic characters that is actually funny.

Now, AP3 did go to the AP1/2 well way to often (and Caine was wasted, could've been so much more), but a well written 4 would be a welcome release.

After all, AP2 is the only film ever to have an Exorcist parody that is actually funny (one of my favorite comedy scenes ever).

#18 of 49 OFFLINE   George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
After all, AP2 is the only film ever to have an Exorcist parody that is actually funny (one of my favorite comedy scenes ever).

I know this is just your opinion, but did you see the Exorcist parody in Scary Movie 2? That was hilarious and the only funny part to that movie, IMO.

#19 of 49 OFFLINE   FredK

FredK

Second Unit

• 466 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 08:02 PM

Quote:
I know this is just your opinion, but did you see the Exorcist parody in Scary Movie 2? That was hilarious and the only funny part to that movie, IMO.

SM2 was the one with the "disfigured hand" character right? I've seen it but can't really recall any of the scenes, thanks for the tip I'll go back and keep my eyes open next time.

#20 of 49 OFFLINE   Wes C

Wes C

Supporting Actor

• 710 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 08:25 PM

I thought Goldmember was awful, but I still consider myself a fan of the series.

I'll see it!!

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow