What's new

Price Matching? (1 Viewer)

Jason Tracewell

Stunt Coordinator
I was just wondering if Best Buy did price matching on DVD's and/or electronic equipment (ie: Speakers, DVD Players, etc..)?

I found an item at another retail store for a cheaper price on there website, would they price match if I brought the print-out of this item and price?

Not a big deal if they don't, but it would make it easier (and cheaper) for me if they did...

Any help would be appreciated! :D

Thanks,

-Jason

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you have the ad, you can ask for a price adjustment. If you buy it first, and then show them the ad, they are supposed to also give you 10% of the DIFFERENCE between the Best Buy price and the verified lower price. IOW, if the difference is $2, you'd get back $2.20 plus tax paid on $2.

Jason Tracewell

Stunt Coordinator
would this work on regular (non-ad) items as well? Like if I printed the item from the other companies website and brought that in, would they price match against that too?

-Jason

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not unless it's the same price in the store. Stores (more often than not) compete with local competition, not nationwide/online pricing. But you'll never know until you ask Best Buy, so go ask.

Jason Tracewell

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the same price is in the store, but they are out of stock at the closest store to me. You can order it on the website and have it delivered to the store as well. I will probably call them tonight to see if they'll let me do it or not.

Thanks for the help!

-Jason

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Best Buy will not price match Online Stores. As suggested above in general, they will price match print adds, and local stores where they can call for a price check.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Best Buy B&M's won't even price match their own website.

A couple weeks ago i went in to purchase Styx's new album, The website had it for $12.99. I went into the store to purchase the album which had a sticker price of $14.99. I asked if they price matched what was online and the girl behind the counter said, no they don't.

Paul

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
Paul, order it online and choose in store pick up. you'll get the online price and be able to pick it up at the store, effecively getting them to pricematch.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Can the register operators do price matching, or do you have to stand in line at customer service for half an hour to save $2?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks