What's new

The HTF Build-a-Story Game - Version 2 (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
A long time ago (early 2001), RicP created the "Build-a-Story" thread (I think when we moved to VB for that short time) and it was soon corrupted by Jason_Whyte and myself. :) Another thread was created by myself (as the first thread broke) and then quickly died. The other day I thought to myself "Why not create another game of 'Build-a-Story'?" and here it is. There are some rules to go over first....
1) There's a three sentence limit to every post. Please do not go over three sentences in each post of yours.
2) You can't reply to what you posted. You have to wait for somebody else to reply to your post until you can reply again.
3) Please stay on topic to what's already going on to the story.
New Rule 4) Only edit your post if somebody posted right before you and you have to change it to flow with the rest of the story (I'm looking right at you Kevin Potts). :)
With those rules in place, let me begin.
On a sunny Saturday afternoon, a group of four guys were walking down the street as they were going to Best Buy. Suddenly, a car appeared out of nowhere. The car stopped and the passenger door opened when...
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on October 25, 2001 at 09:31 PM]

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
... Out appear a group of men in brightly colored spandex calling themselves the OAR avengers. They are yelling stuff like Widescreen and Aspect Ratio. The four guys are confused and have no idea what they're talking about so they...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.
[Edited last by NickSo on October 25, 2001 at 09:10 PM]

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
say "We're going to Best Buy to pick up a copy of CATS AND DOGS. Would you care to join us?" The big burly OAR AVENGER, who was wearing a name-tag saying "Hi, my name is Steve Tannehill" thought for a minute and said...

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
say "We're going to Best Buy to pick up a copy of CATS AND DOGS. Would you care to join us?" The big burly OAR AVENGER, who was wearing a name-tag saying "Hi, my name is Steve Tannehill" thought for a minute and said...
"You better be buying the widescreen version!" One of the guys just starred at him saying "Widescreen? Pffft. Who the hell wants that!?!?" All of a sudden, Steve and the other OAR AVENGERS started to...
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on October 25, 2001 at 09:14 PM]

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
...scream bloody murder. "No Pan and scan for us, are you kidding me? For that you are banished to view rental VHS at Blockbuster for life!" They then continued towards Best Buy...
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
...scream bloody murder. "No Pan and scan for us, are you kidding me? For that you are banished to view rental VHS at Blockbuster for life!" They then continued towards Best Buy...
... once the OAR AVENGERS arrived at Best Buy, they headed towards the DVD section when all of a sudden ...
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
...they start tearing through the shelves of DVD's throwing away any that aren't the widescreen version. All the while laughing hysterically while customers stare on in amazement. Meanwhile the manager of the store sees what's going on and....
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"
[Edited last by Kevin Potts on October 25, 2001 at 09:25 PM]

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
What in the hell's the matter with you guys? Don't you know that Best Buy is evil? I wouldn't go in there if I were you because you just might....
"It is odd," said Steve "how I hear this voice telling me that Best Buy is evil! Do you hear the voice, Matthew?" Matthew took off his jester hat and said...
[Edited last by Steve Tannehill on October 25, 2001 at 09:30 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
"It is odd," said Steve "how I hear this voice telling me that Best Buy is evil! Do you hear the voice, Matthew?" Matthew took off his jester hat and said...
... "Yes, I do hear that voice! I think somebody deserves a slapping!" So Matthew ...
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on October 25, 2001 at 09:29 PM]

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
...thinks very carefully, as if to check his thoughts against what someone else might say, then looks around to make sure the coast is clear, then...

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
...thinks very carefully, as if to check his thoughts against what someone else might say, then looks around to make sure the coast is clear, then...
... slaps Kevin Potts with his jester's hat. :) Matthew and the other OAR AVENGERS continue walking to the DVD section of Best Buy when they notice ...
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
...this tall blond lady, 5'8", mini skirt, pierced navel, with "PAN" written on one breast, "SCAN" written on the other and "&" in between...
[Edited last by Holadem on October 25, 2001 at 09:39 PM]

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
quote: ...this tall blond lady, 5'8", mini skirt, pierced navel, with "PAN" written on one breast, "SCAN" written on the other and "&" in between...[/quote]
Shock and dismayed they start ripping off the shirt citing the evil phrase...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.
[Edited last by NickSo on October 25, 2001 at 09:47 PM]
[Edited last by NickSo on October 25, 2001 at 09:48 PM]

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
...except for Steve, who is oddly disinterested. Suddenly, from behind the Phantom Menace DVD display, jumps....
[Edited last by Steve Tannehill on October 25, 2001 at 09:56 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
quote: ...except for Steve, who is oddly disinterested. Suddenly, from behind the Phantom Menace DVD display, jumps....[/quote]
... and sees Steve Christou who is taking out a bar of soap and a water bottle and starts washing off the evil phrase. The girl begins to scream and everybody in the store gathers around to watch this with some people holding video camcorders. Then, a store manager comes over and says "Christou, don't you have a girlfriend?" which Christou replies ...
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on October 25, 2001 at 10:10 PM]

RicP

Screenwriter
Yes, her name is Eric Scott...I mean Sandra!!! When Steve is done dousing the Pan & Scan mistress off he suddenly turns around and pulls open his shirt to reveal...

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
...except for Steve, who is oddly disinterested. Suddenly, from behind the Phantom Menace DVD display, jumps....

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
... and then Matthew thinks to himself "Didn't this just happen?" He then looks over and Steve Christou just begins to wash the pan & scan mistress. Matthew has a shocked look on his face when ...
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
...he realizes that we're locked in a time warp! "My god, we're trapped!" he says, when suddenly, Steve Christou pulls off his mask and reveals....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks