What's new

Help me pick my 100th DVD! (1 Viewer)

Eric T

Second Unit
I'm up to 99 now. Wow, that's a lot of movies, and yet whenever I go through my collection, I find myself wanting more. Big surprise, right? You can see my collection by following the link in my sig.

So....what should I get to celebrate 100 DVDs???

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
My 100th - The New Stanley Kubrick Collection :D

Well... I see you have Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman, why not get This is Spinal Tap to complete the set :)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Back to the Future!!!!

I wish I could be celebrating 100. My next major step is 40, which I hope to take a huge chunk out of the waiting by getting all 6 Cowboy Bebop DVDs.

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Your post made me think... hey, I think I'm at 99 too, it would be cool to get something special as number 100!

And then... I remembered.

It came over the holidays. From a friend. A friend who, despite my continual hints & reminders, totally ignores my wish list and give me movies he likes. (And he's not even in the same state, so it's not like he's giving 'em so he can watch 'em.)

Serendipity was my 100th. Ok, it was cute, Kate Beckinsale is pretty adorable and John Cusack is enjoyable, but I'd never even rent this movie on my own, much less intentionally own a copy.

Eric, best of luck but at least you can't do any worse than this!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am right behind you (in the mid 90's) and I've been collecting since June 1997. :)

Choose from one of the following...

- Back To The Future trilogy
- Jurasic park boxset
- The mask Of Zorro SBD
- Titan AE

Rob T

Screenwriter
my 100th is LOTR: EE, but you already got that.
How about Unbreakable: Vista series. :)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Well Eric you have Signs and Sixth Sense Vista series but no Unbreakable, so you should get that unless you hated it.
Another one is you got US Marshals, you should then get The Fugitive SE.

BTW, 99, pffft, amateur, I'm past 999. :D

Eric T

Second Unit
I like the suggestions for Unbreakable and This is Spinal Tap, since they would both complete "series" that I've already started. Maybe I'll get both :)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Hmmmm.....I dont even remember my 100th, so long ago. I recommend: Evil Dead Book of the Dead or Evil Dead 2. :)

Zane Charron

Second Unit
What, Fantasia 2000 but no original Fantasia! What a crime! I just watched this the other day, and what a great disc. You should add Fantasia to your collection. :emoji_thumbsup:

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
E.T. The Extra-Terresstrial: Ultimate Gift Set Don't be such a cheapskate. ;)
A.I. Artificial Intelligence You have Minority Report (and other Spielberg) so you might be in the "hate it" camp on this one
Casablanca Might have to wait & see, I think there's a new one coming
North By Northwest One of the most loved tranfers of an older movie out there
The Princess Bride: SE Inconceivable that you don't have this one (aw, come on, you knew it was comin' :D )
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Platinum Classic Disney
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (WS) The battle was bloody, show your respect to those who battled so valiantly :)
'Vertigo' You don't have any Hitch :eek:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Three different ideas:

you have some musicals, so pick up one that some consider the best of them all, Singin’ In the Rain (2-disk SE); you have both war classics and anime, so try Grave of the Fireflies (2-disk Collector’s Edition); or pick up The Godfather (4-disk, all three movies, collection).

Celebrate your 100th with a special package.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks