Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Twin Peaks Season 2?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
589 replies to this topic

#581 of 590 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,486 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 28 2013 - 11:08 AM

They keep updating interesting things on the Twin Peaks Archive site: http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/ This popped up over the weekend: [I]"Twin Peaks is a continuing story, and that's from both David & me." - Mark Frost 1/27/13

It's odd that Frost is saying that since he was the guy who flat out denied it a few weeks ago. If the show continues, I'll be counting down the days but Twin Peaks ending on a mystery never to be solved seems fitting to me. Also, all the episodes of On The Air were released on laserdisc back in the early to mid 1990's. I don't have it so I'd love to see it come to DVD or Blu-ray. Given the subject of Twin Peaks, your avatar is eerily appropriate.

#582 of 590 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,412 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 12:05 PM

Actually, it was more of a nod to "American Horror Story," because Black Dahlia was a recurring character in Season One. :D I think if Frost (and Lynch's daughter) were denying rumors of more Twin Peaks, it was possibly because they'd have to, until an official announcement is made. And meanwhile, there's an 8-part TP retrospective going on at USC featuring many of the actors and staff, including Frost. All this TP activity going on makes me think it's leading up to something interesting...

#583 of 590 OFFLINE   rkofan87

rkofan87

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 07:03 PM

the gold box kicks ass but i wish it had: the last time on tw promos :D

#584 of 590 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,412 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 08:26 PM

the gold box kicks ass but i wish it had: the last time on tw promos :D

You know what else they missed; there were some promos that came out the weeks before Season Two started. I don't know how many of them there were. The theme was "fan theories," and they were supposedly interviewing fans with theories as to the killers (they weren't really fans, they were actresses). The first one I remember had a crazed woman spouting conspiracy theories, saying something like "it was the coffee that done it! There's somethin' in the coffee!" And there was another promo with a woman who blamed the murder on Nadine. She said that Laura was stealing Nadine's idea for the silent drape runners, and that's why Nadine killed Laura. I can't find those promos on youtube; who knows what happened to them after all this time.

#585 of 590 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,412 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 08:31 PM

Also, Frost has apparently been tweeting that blu-rays of the actual series may be on the horizon...

#586 of 590 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,103 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 09:15 PM

Getting the show on Blu-ray would be great. I'm really not that interested in the series itself being revived. It's been two decades and they could never equal or top the first season. Let's just leave well enough alone.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#587 of 590 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,486 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 29 2013 - 12:33 AM

Also, Frost has apparently been tweeting that blu-rays of the actual series may be on the horizon...

That's what's most important to me. I'd definitely like to see what they do today but whatever they do- whether it's a revival featuring everyone or continuing the story as a comic book or remaking the series- there will almost definitely be a Blu-ray release of the original series.

#588 of 590 OFFLINE   JoshuaB.

JoshuaB.

Second Unit

• 408 posts
  • LocationCowtown, formerly Vancouver

Posted January 29 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm not a fan of the idea of continuing Twin Peaks--I love the open ending of the last episode ("How's Annie?") and while I would love to know what happened with Cooper et al, it's appropriate to leave it as is. I'd rather have Lynch prep a new film, as it's been quite a while since he made Inland Empire. But like you, Travis, I'd still check out any potential continuation/remake! I would, however, buy a blu-ray set on Day One, as it's my favourite series--the Gold Box Edition is very good, but David Lynch and Mark Frost's creation is one of the best-looking TV series ever made and deserves HD treatment, especially since the negatives have been scanned in HD. A blu-ray of FWWM with the legendary deleted scenes would also be a nice gift to the fans, if the rights issues ever get resolved (fingers crossed). I'd also be interested in an On the Air DVD set--I barely remember seeing an episode when it originally aired!

#589 of 590 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 11:27 AM

It would be interesting to see a new series set in Twin Peaks, but not necessarily a continuation other than references to the events of the past. I do hope FWWM finally gets released with the deleted scenes.

#590 of 590 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,412 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 01:20 PM

I don't think they'd bring TP back and start where they left off or anything. They'd probably use Kyle MacLachlan but few of the others. The older cast members have died and the "teenage" characters are all pushing 50 now. I think it would set in the same town but they wouldn't go back and revive old storylines or anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users