What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2? (1 Viewer)

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
From what I've read, there's a possibility that Season 2 may come out in May in Region 2. Rumors also hint that it may be a while after that for Region 1.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
From dugpa.com news:

It looks as if Germany will be getting the first half of Twin Peaks Season 2 on DVD in May of 2003. David Lynch.de reported this and Primus Media seems to be taking pre-orders with a May 23rd 2003 release date. At this point you may be asking when will the box set be announced for release in the US? The only thing we know for certain is that all 29 episodes minus the Pilot were each given 5.1 audio remixes at Mi Casa studios, so there is definately intent to release Season 2 on DVD. As for the hi-def video transfers, we are not sure if all the Episodes were transferred at that time as well, but we do know that Artisan did have all the negatives pulled for the entire Series from the vaults to do the hi-def transfers from.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That DVD is definately the US version of the pilot. The FAQ must be out of date. It does NOT have the "wrap up" ending shown in Europe that you are alluding to; it is EXACTLY the way the show aired on ABC the very first night way back when (except the colors are dull, esp. compared to the Artisan release of the other episodes...but it's more than acceptable).

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
I was starting to look for this around my birthday (November) and wondering why it didn't come out like Artisan said. It's kind of frustrating because my love interest has wanted to watch Twin Peaks but I haven't let her, because I want her to see the whole she-bang.

All I want now is Season 2. I don't care about Season 3 anymore. I'm good with the pilot, Season 1 and FWWM.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, there was a Season 3. Not a full one, though. It started losing the plot and ended somewhat prematurely.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
There were only 2 seasons.

E1. How many episodes are there?

There are:

- the 2-hour pilot movie

- seven 1-hour episodes in the first season

- 22 episodes in the 2nd season--the first one being 2 hours

long, all others being one hour long (in the US, the last

two episodes were broadcast together as a 2-hour special

"movie" on ABC)--for a total of 23 hours

- 32 hours total
You're confusing the fact that Laura Palmer's killer was revealed part of the way through the 2nd season.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, there was a Season 3. Not a full one, though. It started losing the plot and ended somewhat prematurely.
As stated, there was definately no Season 3. Although for previous home video (VHS) purposes, they put out Season 2 in two waves (pre- and post- solving of the murder). Instead of calling it "Season 2 Part 1" and "Season 2 Part 2", they decided to call the second wave "Season 3". That was wrong, and they should not have done it. It has caused this kind of confusion over the years.

Reality is, there were only 2 seasons, the pilotmovie, and the feature film. That's it.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
Hehe... sorry, guys. I had thought there was an actual Season 3 since there was talk of a DVD set for that. Guess I didn't realize they were merely splitting up Season 2.

In which case, I hope that doesn't happen for the sake of completion on DVD.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Just another indication that Artisan cannot properly handle the Republic Pictures catalog...
What? I'd say the Twin Peaks series is the best example ever of Artisan handling a Republic title! I'd agree with you that Artisan doesn't handle their catalog well at all, but I don't think any of us expected the First Season to be as nice as it is.
If you're upset with it taking so long, I don't think they're doing it on purpose. I'd rather they take their time and give us the best release possible.
Jeff

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
So long as the delay is to ensure the high quality that marks the season one release, then no problem. But it sure seems as though I've been waiting a very long time... :frowning:

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
According to dugpa.com Artisan did send a crew to the Twin Peaks Festival in August 2002 to film supplements for the use on the Season 2 set, so there is hope that it is being worked on.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I'm really looking forward to the season 2 episode directed by Diane Keaton; parts of the were visually stunning, especially the chessboard opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks