What's new

When will Robinson Crusoe On Mars be released? (1 Viewer)

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
anyone remember the design of the Tripods (turn of the century setting) from the CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED comic?
Mark,I remember it well. They were shiny,the head had a nozzel, like a nose it the middle,to shoot the heatray. Where eyes would be,it looked like a big tinted window . The Martians were a leathery gray color.
It would be great if they could have the movie take place in that time period,true to the original story

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It also says 'late April' across the top of the front page; it's a relatively low budget film by independent producers and they are going to struggle to get distribution aren't they?

I suggest an email to [email protected] if you are curious (and I am!)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I'l keep my fingers crossed...love this movie. One of the classic-sci-fis right up there with Forbidden Planet, When Worlds Collide, and War of the Worlds. Would love a pristine new 16x9 DVD...I've never seen this movie OAR.

-dave

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I have never seen this movie, but really want to. Is it readily available in VHS at video stores?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I can't eat spinach without images of his "food" discovery coming into my mind...

and I can't eat jawbreaker candy without pretending that I'm getting an extra dose of oxygen...

childhood impressions last forever!

dave ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I can't eat "smokies" (little sausages) without thinking of his other food discovery.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Long shot theory as to why RCOM is not out on DVD and the Criterion LD license was shut down; could there have been some kind of issue with the rights for the usage of the Martian space ship models from George Pal's War of the Worlds in RCOM? I know it's highly unlikely, just a crazy idea.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hell, if The Mount will release the late 70's mutant bear epic Prophecy on DVD then why not RCOM?

Anyone recall the urban/internet legend that this was accidently the first commentary track ever recorded because the director was using a guide track for the telecine artists to comment on the transfer and he began talking about the film to one of the technicians....this was a myth on the net for years, hell I believed it until I found more reliable info. Some people still quote it even today.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
No I'm serious, remember that in the middle of the plants he found were these little sausage type things?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, they didn't look like sausage. I recall them being red or orange. And I agree with you about the film -- which is what I assume we're still talking about in this thread.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
Is there some sort of legal issue that is preventing this film from being released? I cannot understand why it has not come out. Did Criterion lose the rights I wonder?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks