What's new

What's next for the Wachowski brothers? (1 Viewer)

nate n

Stunt Coordinator
They should go on Oprah and defend themselves regarding revolutions and its lack of plot.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Barely coherent conversation between myself and a friend in IM, about the future of the Matrix:

Maximus: Matrix: The Series. After Neo saves Zion and the Matrix, a ragtag team of human and machine constructs get together to replace the programs that were lost under Smith's terrifying reign. The series explores how humans and machines cooperate (and fight) over how to best control the occupants of the Matrix.

It could even follow an X-Files/CSI format...where a rogue program wreaks havoc and the team work together to stop it. Throw in some pseudo mystical bullshit and a hot babe with Matrix boobs and the show will be an instant hit! Oh, and I guess you need a hunky leather-clad man to win the woman viewers.

And of course you must throw in the conspiracy angle...some hidden master control program is behind the scenes trying to wrestle mastery of the matrix from the Architect.

Other cool sideplots: Love develops between a human and a machine. Yay, machine sex!

AllanOne: Plots?

Maximus: Oh...more plots: Hidden messages left by - Neo? No one is sure... another plot: contact is made with machines - rogue machines that escaped Earth!

Fun episodes: Suddenly all the food in the Matrix tastes like chicken! Oh no! The team struggles to fix the problem, with much hilarity. Ha. Ha.

AllanOne: Poor farmers in the Matrix begin to see images of Neo in mud puddles, melting snow, in the whipped cream of a Starbucks Special Reserve Mocha Latte, and, most disturbingly, in the vomit of a drunken college co-ed. Hilarity ensues.

Maximus: That's great stuff!

Maximus: Hmm I should cut and paste our conversation into the Matrix Rev thread at the HTF.

AllanOne: Just make sure you pass it by me first so I can correct my lame grammar.

Maximus: Nah, I don't think anyone would care. I could put in a disclaimer though.

AllanOne: Poor farmers in the Matrix begin to see images of Neo in mud puddles, melting snow, in the whipped cream of a Starbucks Special Reserve Mocha Latte, and, most disturbingly, in the vomit of a drunken college co-ed. Hilarity ensues.

James E

Stunt Coordinator
now that the Matrix 4, 5, and 6 are out of the way, it's time to make 1, 2, and 3.:b

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The fact is, the utter failure of Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions was that there was, basically, no revolution. The slaves (Humans) simply accepted the fact they were slaves and celebrated over it.

The fact that there were millions of humans being used and processed as batteries seemed to be totally reduce to "oh well" by the last movie, which was a complete 180 from the setup in "The Matrix" in which the entire concept seemed to be humans as slaves, enslaved in their own mind, and try to rebel.

The way the series ended was complete trash, IMHO, and outside of Highlander 2, I can't think of other movies that so butchered the original concept.

I am aware they wrote all three. I still won't give them a pass on the sequels. Great effects. Lousy story.

The only way they could revist the Matrix for me would be to basically say "the last two movies were an illusion Pushed on Neo, another level of the Matrix.." to get him to accept robotic control; he finally rebels and does the machines in.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
As far as I know, Cloud Atlas is their next film. Possibly set to start shooting in September?
http://collider.com/cloud-atlas-tom-hanks-wachowskis-tom-tykwer/85621/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks