What's new

What would you do in a post-apocalyptic wasteland? (1 Viewer)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I'd hunt down the few chicks who got just enough exposure to grow a third boob and whisk them away to my cave in the mountains.

Tell me where I can find that on a short plane ride.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Gather my followers in Vegas, make them clean up the joint, and then wait for the Colorado group to come challenge me.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
All this fantasizing is fun, but Holadem has a point. Being in such a situation wouldn't be remotely as glamorous as the Hollywood dream factory makes it out to be.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Not quite accurate, actually. To get to Barrow-in-Furness [my home town] you'd have to fly to an English airport and then get the train.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
All I really need from civilization is... a dentist. If I am ever stuck in a situation without access to one (post apocalyptic world, desert island, Kansas), I am fucked. Everything else I can manage (hmm... yeah)

--
H

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I think it would be safest to avoid other people, usually instability breeds a lot of societal problems. Or I could go live with the Eskimos or a jungle tribe, they don't care whether modern society breaks down or not.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't want to perform an appendectomy on myself, either. Or any other surgery for that matter (especially without an anesthetic). Oh, and it would be a big bother to have to grow my own food, or hunt and then prepare the animal for cooking. Building a fire.....having to heat water to take a hot bath...no TV...no radio..no Internet...staying warm/cool....

bleh.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member

My earlier post was not meant to be a general comment, but a personal one. There are a number of conceivable, but also avoidable dangers in the situation we are discussing. There are very good chances I will break a limb or get gravely wounded trying to find food or some such... and there are decent chances I may not. Tooth pain however, is an absolute certainty in my near future (a year or two at most), something that will occur if I am locked away in the warmth and safety of a tropical island resort for long enough...

--
H

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Anyone left in the International Space Station in the aftermath of an apocalypse would be essentially screwed.

And probably a lot better off than the rest of us.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What would you do in a post-apocalyptic wasteland?

Hmmm, we're up to page 2 and I'm surprised no one has mentioned the classic "two chicks at the same time".

Unfortunately, the 2 chicks would be fused together from the nuclear blast, but hey....:DBut MAN what a view they'd have!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Was there not a Cosmonaut stuck on MIR for several months while his union was busy imploding in the late 80s?

--
H

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Great Twilight Zone Reference.

Hmm. You know, I would throw out giant signs in front of my house advertising a giant orgy. I think I'd have a good selling point too, my slogan would be: Why Not? We're all going to die anyway, let's go out with a smile.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks for the idea for a short story! Exactly what I was looking for!

I heard a radio play (on scifi.com years ago) about a ship exploding and a couple a guys onboard in space suits are thrown clear and they carry on a conversation while propelling away from each other to their certain death. Excellent stuff! They had something similar in Carpenter's Dark Star.

Anyway, how many people would eat dogs and cats at this point? :P Me? no! No way. I couldn't imagine killing and eating either of those.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife and I are looking for a nice three-day weekend trip and we're considering the post-apocalypse. Anyone been there? What do you recommend for hotels, or must-see sites? Do we need to buy voltage converters, or can we just plug our cell phones in to recharge?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks