What's new

What Warner Bros. TV-on-DVD are you looking forward to the most? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Courtship of Eddie's Father
Chico & the Man
Alice
Eight is Enough

These are ones already listed. I have no idea where to find a list of potental shows that can be released by WB. Anybody know where one is?

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Season Sets of the following in no particular order

The Wonder Years (1988)
E-Ring (2005)
Tarzan (2003)
Related (2005)
The Evidence (2006)
Hot Properties (2005)
The Nine (2006)
Twins (2005)
Four Kings (2006)
Freddie (2005)
Mercy Reef (2006)
Superman (1988)
77 Sunset Strip (1958)
Time Trax (1993)
Living Single (1993) - Season 2+
Just the Ten Of Us (1988)
The Tyra Banks Show (2005)
The Caroline Rhea Show (2002)
The Sharon Osbourne Show (2003)
Hangin With Mr Cooper (1992)

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
More:
Night Court
Growing Pains
Murphy Brown
Fresh Prince
Waltons
Mama's Family
Drew Carey
Dukes of Hazzard (reunion movies)

Also:
Perfect Strangers
Head of the Class
Just the Ten of Us
Tiny Toons
Smurfs
Family Matters
Chico and the Man
Valerie/Hogan Family
Eight is Enough
Our House
Mayberry RFD
Step By Step
Courtship of Eddie's Father
Alice

Warner needs to release more sit-coms in general. They release a lot of drama and a ton of animated stuff and lots of classic movies, but they are severely lacking in the sit-com area.

Jim Bur

Stunt Coordinator
Add my name to the list of persons who want to see Warners release a second season of the great western series Cheyenne on DVD. It appears that last year's release of season did reasonably well in sales.

Rawhide, which also had a season 1 box set released last year by Paramount, is getting a season 2 release in May. The sales for Cheyenne's season 1 release appear to have been even stronger that those for Rawhide. When I checked today on Amazon the sales of season 1 of Cheyenne were ranked 1,258 positions higher than those for Rawhide. When I check DVD Empire the ALL TIME SALES for season 1 of Cheyenne were 1,723 positions higher than those for Rawhide. I'm very glad that Rawhide is getting a season 2 release, however I'm baffled that an even stronger performing series like Cheyenne is so far being denied a season 2 release.

A season 2 release of Cheyenne promises to be even stronger than season 1. For one thing, season 1 had truncated episodes, while in season 2 the Cheyenne episodes were increased to normal length. In addition, season 2 of Cheyenne featured many of its strongest epsidoes, plus season 2 is when the series began using the familiar theme music for the show. One could reasonably expect a season 2 release to do even better than season 1.

c Jim Bur

S

silverking

I agree completely Jim.

Warners seem to have no interest whatsoever in their old classics TV series.
Although Cheyenne S1 probably didn't break any sales records or should be expected to, it seemed to sell respectably. I'm sure 'Maverick' & 'Sunset Strip' would do likewise.

WB have a pretty good track record for releasing their old classic movies & even some fairly obscure ones. When it comes to TV they don't want to know.So the series remain locked in vaults, never to be seen again. They sure aren't going to return to TV.

WB should consider either limited releases ot licensing them out to independents.That way at least they would make some money. As an asset they are depreciating more with every passing year, which is not good business practice.

Hope someone brings this up in the forthcoming WB chat.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
With Paramount finally releasing Gunsmoke in season sets, maybe this will help increase the chances of more Cheyenne!

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Gentlemen, therein lies the difference. Paramount (Rawhide, Gunsmoke) has a much deeper commitment to classic/vintage television shows than does Warner.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Fox's vintage (pre-1970) output has pretty much been limited to the Irwin Allen Sci-Fi series (Lost in Space and Time Tunnel are both complete, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea is halfway complete, and Land of the Giants is on tap), and a season and a half of "The Big Valley." Their use of double sided discs on most of these releases doesn't help. But is does appear that Fox, like Universal, is moving to license some of their vintage shows . . . "Honey West," "Burke's Law," and "Zane Grey Theatre" are expected to be released by VCI Entertainment during the fourth quarter.

Esten

Supporting Actor

Only the first 3 episodes were released in R2. A Volume 2 was planned, but canceled because Volume 1 sales were so poor. This was back in 2003 when Freddy vs Jason came out.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

While anything is possible in the unpredictable world of TV-on-DVD, especially as classic/vintage shows are concerned, I'd guess that Fox probably would not take a chance on "Peyton Place," based on their track record to date with older shows. It would likely have to be released through an independent.

John*P

Second Unit
Unreleased shows I want on DVD...

Family Matters
Hogan Family
Just the Ten of Us
Max Headroom
Perfect Strangers
Step by Step

Shows I want more of...

Drew Carey Show
Gilmore Girls (1 season left to release, and maybe a Complete Series set?)
Growing Pains

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks