What's new

What receiver can I use for a Bose Acoustimass 7 and 3? (2 Viewers)

prinzibe

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad
I just bought a house and with it came a Bose Acoustimass 7 and Acoustimass 3 system set up in one room and I don't know what receiver to use with it. The way it is set up is the Acoustimass 7 speakers (3- 2 cube speakers and 1 sub) are set up in the front of the room and the Acoustimass 3 system (2 speakers and 1 sub) are set up in the back of the room. How many channel receiver do I need to set this up? I would appreciate any input!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Any surround receiver with 5.1 or more channels will do. Don't spend much, because it will be wasted with Bose anyway. BTW, those "subs" really aren't subs. They are bass modules, which is a completely different thing. They are used to help compensate for the satellite speakers' complete absence of anything below upper midrange. They wire together with the satellites to make something equivalent to a regular bookshelf speaker. You can then add a REAL sub as well, typically in the front of the room. Hopefully the room is wired so that you can use regular speakers some day. I'd just go to newegg.com and pick up an Onkyo 509, or 309 if your really want to keep the cost low. That will serve you just fine. Then, I would definitely add a sub. You can usually get the BIC F-12 for $200 or less at parts-express.com or Amazon. It is a good budget choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks