What's new

What...no midnight Matrix reloaded showing???!!! (1 Viewer)

I was told they (Cinimark) don't know until one week prior if there's a midnight showing. I'll call the inside number and ask on Monday (4/21).

Jerry

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned attire yet. Anybody going to go dressed up in a suit and sunglasses if midnight showings come about? :D

Brad Hood

Agent

I'm going to be in Chicago for a meeting that opening weekend, so I've already scoped out tickets. Fandango is already pre-selling tickets for the 14th, both 10PM and Midnight showings. Check it out.

Brad

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
10:00?! Even better! I have a good feeling that at least one Columbus theater will do that as well...

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
No midnight showings here yet, but there is one theater with a 10PM showing on the 14th. I called my local Regal and the woman said they will probably add midnight shows once they get in the prints and to keep checking online.

Sounds good to me.

JonathonSan

Stunt Coordinator
Just called my local Gigaplex and was told that a midnight showing was a possibility, but not confirmed yet. I'm sure there will be, just not available for sale yet.

Jonathon

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Star Wars fans ruined my midnight EP II showing. I will not go to one again. They wouldn't shut up, they wouldn't stop swinging their glow sticks, and they wouldn't stop mouth breathing and giggling everytime something with the "force" happened. I especially hated when certain scenes happened and they all were screaming. I don't really fit in that crew (they actually dressed up!), so I'll wait till the next day and enjoy the movie in silence.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Star Wars fans ruined my midnight EP II showing. I will not go to one again. They wouldn't shut up, they wouldn't stop swinging their glow sticks, and they wouldn't stop mouth breathing and giggling everytime something with the "force" happened. I especially hated when certain scenes happened and they all were screaming. I don't really fit in that crew (they actually dressed up!), so I'll wait till the next day and enjoy the movie in silence.
There were people like you in the midnight showing of Episode II that I went to. No offense, but I recommend that you not go to a midnight showing for Episode III. The shouting and cheering is what makes it so fun for Star Wars geeks.

I hope they do midnight showings for the new Matrix movies.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to be in Chicago for a meeting that opening weekend, so I've already scoped out tickets. Fandango is already pre-selling tickets for the 14th, both 10PM and Midnight showings. Check it out.
Oh! What theater, where?? I don't do Fandango (no credit cards) so I need to go directly to the theater. Unless it's a burb theater (no car either).

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
LOL!!! :D

Man when you go to a midnight showing its not so much about the movie as it is about the party atmosphere...especially with TPM...that was just one big party...you go for the fact that your all sharing an experience...and its more about the experience...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Man when you go to a midnight showing its not so much about the movie as it is about the party atmosphere...especially with TPM...that was just one big party...you go for the fact that your all sharing an experience...and its more about the experience...
Bleh, never mind then. I've never been to a midnight showing, and unless I'm forced to, I never will. I go to the movies for the movie, not for the "experience."

Brad Hood

Agent

I ordered tix to the Loews Cineplex 600 North Michigan. They only list a 10PM screening. The Loews Cineplex Webster Place 8 is listing a 12AM screening. As already stated, looks like most Loews locations have one or the other.

Brad

Diallo B

Screenwriter
How are you all finding the midnight show confirmations. There are Star Theaters in the Detroit Metro Area that are owned by Loews and I can not find any information for midnight Matrix showings.

thx,

djb

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm a card-carrying geek, but I kind of like to hear the dialog, even the first time I see a film.

I think that technically somebody who has to chortle, snort, squeal, and clap through an entire film is a 'spaz'. Please don't disrespect the regular geeks by lumping them in with the spazkind.

:)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
At both Episode I and II, people clapped and cheered at the LucasFilm and Fox logos, and when the music started with the SW logo, but after that it was silent until there was a good action scene or something worth cheering for. Except for the one scene in Episode II where you can tell that the ship on Tatooine is cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks