What's new

What Blu-rays did you receive for the Holidays? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Eric Bodnar
I received:
How Green Was My Valley *** James Dean Collection *** Cabaret *** The Talented Mr. Ripley *** From Here to Eternity
**** Gentleman's Agreement *** The Best Years of Our Lives***** and Rosemary's Baby.

I'll put Shane and The Big Parade on my list for next year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
gene c said:
I didn't receive any BluRay discs this year (or anything HT related. They know I get all I need/want myself) but I did get my brother the complete Star Trek original series on BR. I hope he's O.K. with the changes they made from the original broadcasts. Why do they do that anyway? Can't they just leave well enough alone? :wacko:
I don't own them but I'm nearly positive that both the original and re-done special effects are included.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
As an addendum to my previous post, with the gift card and extra money from my Christmas cache, I got the Criterion edition of Nashville, The Hit, the Ronald Reagan TCM Greatest Classic Legends collection, and the Lubitsch Musicals Eclipse set. Not a bad haul, no?

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Well, like many others of you no one gives me disks as presents because they don't know what I already have. Except my daughter who knows my taste and has a collection of her own which is much bigger than mine when adjusted for her age/income level vs mine.

I bought myself some stuff but not as much in previous years for two reasons:
1) we were moving (and have sort of settled in in the Charleston, SC area) from PA.
2) Amazon didn't make spending money as easy as it has in the past.

Anyhow

All Blu (or combo) with DVD only marked with *From Amazon's various Black Friday type salesRipper StreetA Good Day to Die HardThe Mentalist (S5)*The Big Bang Theory (S6)Pacific Rim (3D)MoneyballZero Dark ThirtyRed (Special Ed)West Side Story (50th ...)Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited 1-4*Person Of Interest (S2)Breaking Bad (S5)Avatar (3D)Boardwalk Empire (S3)Dredd (3D)From Warner ARchives 5 for 50 (plus 10% off) saleGypsyHudsucker ProxyDeathtrapBoris Karloff Triple Feature*The Face of Fu Manchu*

And if Christmas extends back to the Criterion.com sale in October, I could add half a dozen more.

My daughter was visiting us (in PA) for thanksgiving and we were both on my computers looking up sale stuff. I noticed that Amazon had the better version of The Terminator on sale sometime that day. She told me NOT to BUY it. So I didn't. :)

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, HTF. It's been years since I've posted anything here.

At any rate, the only blu-ray I got for Christmas was Elysium. But in the following days I went out and bought World War Z, The Worlds End, and Hunger Games.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
James Ryfun said:
Hello, HTF. It's been years since I've posted anything here.

At any rate, the only blu-ray I got for Christmas was Elysium. But in the following days I went out and bought World War Z, The Worlds End, and Hunger Games.
Hello, James! Welcome home! :biggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks