What's new

Directors We're With the Band: a Draft (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I have george's pick, but I'll give him an opportunity to drop by and say 'hello' before I give it.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Who's next, Vickie? Laurie Anderson? Just kidding...
Have I ever mentioned Laurie Anderson anywhere? To be honest I've never been heavily into her. I like her, and some songs I like a LOT (O Superman, Language Is A Virus, others) and I like her videos, and I have the utmost respect for her experimentation and perseverance. She's just never "clicked" with me enough to make me a huge fan, the kind that knows all the albums and songs.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Have I ever mentioned Laurie Anderson anywhere?
Uh, no.

Can anyone take a joke around here? I mean, my God, you pick Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel--the poster girl and poster boy for arty rock in the '80s--and I thought the reference to Laurie Anderson was funny.

Guess not.

I'm about an inch away from bowing out of HTF/Polls for good. We have folks who can't cut any slack in the '00's Draft, a misunderstanding that leads to the Soundtrack Draft being 86'd and, generally, a lack of a sense of humor throughout.

To quote Charlie B.: good grief.

:frowning:

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Hey, Angelo, is it too late for me to sign up?

As I enjoy casting dream movies, so I also enjoy creating dream bands.

If this is okay, could you PM me?

I'd be doing a lot of PM'ing if accepted, so just give a holler.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I've got some good ideas.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
To quote Charlie B.: good grief.
I understood it to be a joke and thought it was cute, but decided to go ahead and explain why I haven't been mentioning Laurie, just in case you or anyone else would think I didn't like her at all, which is not the case.

You're letting your bad mood leak into areas that don't call for it.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Angelo, I'm really sorry. If I came off as strident please know that it was not intended at all. You read my words and pictured me standing there all cocky and angry, with my hands on my hips and a scowl on my face. When I wrote it, I would have been standing there with a slightly puzzled smile on my face, thinking 'oh gee, when did I mention Laurie, I can't remember, oh no, maybe I haven't, maybe I'd better explain why so he doesn't think I dislike her" and that's all. An honest case of miscommunication is all it was. If I hadn't included that first line "Have I ever mentioned Laurie Anderson anywhere?" I'm sure you would have read it differently. That's what came off as being a piquefit, and it wasn't intentional.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Vickie:

Apology appreciated, but not necessary. I also owe you one. You're right, I've been in a foul mood and it's spilling out all over my posts here. But not anymore.

Ladies and gentlemen, we continue...

george takes Paul McCartney, bass guitar, vocals and (I'm sure) some songwriting as well.

Cary is up.

John wants in, which is cool with me. I'd like to let him catch up by making two picks (after I pick in this round), and then placing him last in the batting order. Any objections?

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Just noticed that Cary posted in the '90s draft that he wouldn't be around for a day, and he didn't PM me his pick. So I'll go ahead and pick (I'm guessing it's unlikely I'll steal his pick; if I do, he can have it).

After I pick, I'd like to let John catch-up with 2 picks, if it's OK with everyone.

My pick is

robbie robertson

He's my guitarist and my songwriter (not to mention a back-up vocalist).

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad we're cool. :)

John picking 2 is ok by me. I have no fears he'll take one of mine. Other people might be quaking though. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty much back, so will probably be able to make my own selections now, but they're not going to be any different than what I pm'd Angelo. :)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'm assuming I can pick now, so I'll start off with these first two:

Mick Jagger (Male lead vocals)
Grace Jones (Female lead vocals)

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I like the sound of this. Also, sorry if I picked out of turn...

Cary T

Screenwriter
I'm taking this now cause I'm pretty sure no one will take my musician picks. So the writer that'll travel with my band for the interview shall be Cameron Crowe :D

Who's up? If were're doing a snake draft, then Angelo you should have another pick.

Cary T

Screenwriter
I think Angelo has to pick one more then my turn. And then it's your turn George.

Angelo, I've PM you with my next pick.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Angelo,

Could you please summarize here what the order is? Thanks. It appeared that Angelo picked (Robbie Robertson) followed by Cary (Cameron Crowe) which made me think it was my turn. If not, I'm thoroughly confused. :)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, everyone, for my delinquency. Ran a 5K this morning.

Anyway, the order is as follows...

1 Angelo
billie holiday (lead vocals)
robbie robertson (lead guitar, songwriter)

2 Cary
eddie van halen (lead guitar)
cameron crowe (writer)

3 George
jimi hendrix (lead guitar)
paul mccartney (bass guitar, vocals)
john lennon (rhythm guitar, songwriter)

4 Vickie
kate bush (lead vocals)
peter gabriel (keyboards, multi-instrumentalist)

5 Walt
no pick
no pick

6 John
mick jagger (lead vocals)
grace jones (lead vocals)

In the first round: I picked, Cary picked, i posted george's pick, Vickie picked, Walt didn't pick and John had not yet joined us.

The the second round: John still hadn't joined, Walt didn't pick, Vickie picked, I made george's 2nd pick, and then I made my 2nd because we didn't yet have Cary's 2nd pick.

Now we're in the 3rd round: John has given us his first 2 picks, catching him up, and he'll now be in the 6th slot. I neglected to make my third pick yet. I have Cary's 3rd pick by PM, and george has made his 3rd pick. So, we're cool as far as I can tell.

It is now Vickie's pick. If anyone sees Walt, hit him over the head, please. I've PM'd him twice. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks