What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-28-2009 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong Are there pictures you are not seeing, Man?

In this week's RoundUp...or last week's?

I believe I have been having the HTF host ALL of my pix for the past few weeks...ever since that very first week of the switchover.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Okay, you are saying that this week's pics are not sized correctly for IE6?!? (I just read your latest post in last week's WRU.)

I'll have to have Cristina explain that for me, because I used her formatting suggestions. I hate to derail my own thread on prices with formatting issues...but I need to understand what's going on. I am now starting to get perturbed with the compatibility issues. Even though they don't affect how I see the HTF (as I am a Firefox user), they are now affecting me since I have this weekly thread which cannot be seen by a number of my regular visitors.

I'm glad the tables are, at least, viewable by everyone...although I sure do wish I had more horizontal space for them. I absolutely hate having all the titles "bunch up" like they do and end up wrapping themselves onto a second line of text. There are also a number of other line spacing issues which make the WRUs about three times longer--vertically--than they used to be.

If anyone wants to chime in with their thoughts about how the "new" Roundup looks to them (since the switchover), I would love to hear about it.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
No love for Whedon's Dollhouse here? I may wait a few months for the price to drop, but I most certainly want Dollhouse on BluRay, and I am eager to see the unaired episodes, and hear whatever commentaries may be on the set. But I can wait until just before season 2 starts.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Will_B

No love for Whedon's Dollhouse here? I may wait a few months for the price to drop, but I most certainly want Dollhouse on BluRay, and I am eager to see the unaired episodes, and hear whatever commentaries may be on the set. But I can wait until just before season 2 starts.
Oh, plenty of love for it, but at $31 or $45 for a half season of episodes. I'll be waiting for the price drop or sale. If it happened before Christmas, great. If not, no biggie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jason_V

Oh, plenty of love for it, but at $31 or $45 for a half season of episodes. I'll be waiting for the price drop or sale. If it happened before Christmas, great. If not, no biggie.
Yeah, I thought the show was fairly good overall but definitely not $45 for 13 episodes good.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
But there aren't any pics hosted outside of the forum. They're all hosted here.

cf525

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Hmmm... Everything looks fine now, except for the 2 broken image links for pics hosted outside of HTF: they're the 2nd and 4th pics *after* (ie. not including) your roundup pic.

And sorry about the frustration, Mike.

_Man_
Originally Posted by Will_B

But there aren't any pics hosted outside of the forum. They're all hosted here.
I took the liberty of investigating the problem with the two broken image links. Those were actually remnants left over from a template using the Weekly RoundUp from 7-7-2009 featuring Rose Bryne and Maria Montez. In that particular RoundUp, those images were fixed (apparently their original hosts do not permit inline linking); however, the HTML linking to those images was still in the template. It appears Firefox strips the broken image links but they were displaying in IE6. I went ahead and removed them from the 7-28 RoundUp and from the 7-21 RoundUp where they were also appearing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is frustrating.

So much for WYSIWYG. I was "getting something" that I couldn't "see." I had no idea that bit of detritus was carrying over from week-to-week. I didn't see any broken link images.

It seems as if there was a benefit to constructing the RoundUp each week within a template of vbulletin code. At least I knew how it would appear. I have been advised that I should construct the roundup on this platform using the WYSIWYG edit boxes...but now I'm not so sure. I guess maybe I should just learn HTML code and go back to my old way...although that paticular idea doesn't enthrall me either...although learning something new is not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe I can get a part time job as a "coder."

AND...it appears as if I'm going to have to make adjustments each week for IE 6 users. I guess I should have paid better attention to the discussions in the Feedback Forum about why the IE 6 users were fine in vbulletin but are not fine on the Huddler platform. Things aren't making much sense to me right now.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon ">[/url]

Man: Did you NOT see the Rodriguez and Alessi pix at all?!? Or, did you see them but then ALSO saw an image letting you know there was a broken link?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks