Weekly RoundUp 7-28-2009

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

[​IMG]

The Features

[​IMG]
    – Catherine Deneuve (Repulsion – 1965)

[​IMG]
    – Michelle Rodriguez (Fast & Furious – 2009)

[​IMG]
    – Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse: Season 1 – 2009)

[​IMG]
    – Raquel Alessi (Miss March – 2009)

[​IMG]
    Tricia Helfer & Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica)

http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/c/cf/10thVictim.jpg/1000x500px-LL-10thVictim.jpg">[/url]
    [b][size=3]– The 10th Victim – 1965[/SIZE][/b]

[size=6][COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)][b]The Prices[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url=http://dev.huddler.com/imgrepo/thumbs/e/e2/brd.gif/1000x800px-LL-brd.gif][img]http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/e/e2/brd.gif/1000x500px-LL-brd.gif

BLU-RAY TITLE Amazon BestBuy Target Costco 2 Fast & 2 Furious $20.99 $24.99 $22.99 12 Monkeys $20.99 Bad Boy Bubby $19.99 $29.99 Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 $43.99 $39.99 $44.99 $43.99 Battlestar Galactica: Comp. Series $209.99 $209.99 $229.99 Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead $13.99 $19.99 Dollhouse: Season 1 $47.99 $44.99 $44.99 Dragonball: Evolution $26.99 $26.99 $26.99 Eagles Over London $19.99 Fast & Furious SE (2009) $21.49 $24.99 $25.99 $26.99 The Fast & The Furious $22.49 $24.99 $22.99 Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift $20.99 $24.99 $22.99 Green Lantern: First Flight $19.99 $24.99 $22.99 Harvard Beats Yale 29-29 $19.99 $29.99 Inglorious Bastards $19.99 $24.99 Miss March $26.99 $26.99 Repulsion (CC) $19.99 $34.99 A River Runs Through It $26.99 $29.99 This is Spinal Tap $21.99 $21.99 Torchwood: Season 2 $54.99 $69.99 Torchwood: Children of Earth $24.49 $19.99

(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

The Disclaimer Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp
    . The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain!
    If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Best Buy, this week, has an ACTION FIGURE attached to its SE DVD and Blu-ray versions of Green Lantern: First Flight.

--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION version of Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 (with dog tags and book) for $39.99.

--If you are interested in picking up a few of the older Fast & Furious films on Blu-ray, Best Buy has a 2/$35 deal going on this week.

--Best Buy also has some great Blu-ray deals on some catalog titles:

$9.99: Unforgiven, V for Vendetta.

$14.99: Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Kill Bill 2, Notorious, Revolutionary Road, Slumdog Millionaire, Taken, The Wrestler.

$19.99: National Treasure, No Country For Old Men.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: A number of DVD titles for $6.99 & $12.99.

--Target, this week, is advertising a FREE $10 TARGET GIFTCARD with the purchase of the Blu-ray version of Fast and Furious (2009) with ANY Blu-ray version of any of the first three Fast & Furious films. Quantities limited. Terms and conditions apply to giftcards.

--Target also has its own Deluxe edition of Fast and Furious (2009) on DVD. It includes an EXCLUSIVE CD SOUNDTRACK.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Best Buy on sale DVD items:

$7 each:
    Juno
    Jumper
    Horton
    Hitman

$13 each:
    Hulk
    Wanted

Watchmen $20

Blu-ray:

$10 each:
    Unforgiven
    V for Vendetta

$15 each:
    Revolutionary Road
    Benjamin Button
    Kill Bill 2
    Taken
    The Wrestler
    Notorious
    Slumdog Millionaire

$20 each:
    No Country For Old Men
    National Treasure

$25:
    This is Spinal Tap

$27:
    Watchmen

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

$10 each (and others):
    Spider-Man 3
    The Bank Job
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
    Sweet Home Alabama
    The Bucket List
    Three Musketees (Disney)

Edited by Patrick Sun - 7/26/2009 at 04:09 am GMT

3. FranklinC

FranklinC Stunt Coordinator

Hmmm. If that selection of pictures is any indication, this is going to be a great week for releases.

4. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Fine round up of ladies...i mean discs!

Anyway, big week. Doctor Who, Torchwood, and i was gonna get Galactica on Blu. Not so sure now. I dont think i want the compete set. Not with crappy cardboard slip pockets. Not for $200, anyway. Might have to check it out in store, or get 4.5 on Blu, for now.

Thanks as always guys!

5. SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay Stunt Coordinator

my jedi senses tell me theres a theme going on with those pics lol.

wanting the box set for galactica but balking at the price. have their been any news on the other seasons being released?

6. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    It's odd that A River Runs Through It is getting a BRD release so soon. The SD-DVD is generally a $5 disc in the bargain bins.

7. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Mike...I guess you should re-title this thread "Weekly RoundUp - The Hotties Edition" ......nice selection indeed.

My top selection will be The Galactica Boxset followed by Fast & Furious: both on Blu-ray.

Also plan to get the following BDs eventually....

Green Lantern: First Flight
    Torchwood: Season 2
    Torchwood: Children Of Earth
    12 Monkeys

Very big week for me....

8. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Ordering Green Lantern from DD later in the week, with the BSG Blu set to follow in November.

We're going to BB so I can pick up just a...few...yeah, a few...of the $15 BD's. Revolutionary Road, Benjamin Button, The Wrestler, Taken. Looks like another good week for filling the "holes" in the collection.

9. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

How did I miss the announcement of Repulsion Criterion being released? Thanks Mike....you made my week!

10. Shawn.F

Shawn.F Supporting Actor

To quote Borat in regards to the lovely ladies posted...wa wa wee wa! :)

BSG this week for me, along with The Wrestler. Tempted on Benjamin Button. $15 is a nice price on any Criterion Blu-ray.

11. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

I'd love to get the complete BSG on Blu... even thought I might do it now with the Deep Discount sale, but things are a bit tight, so I think I am just gonna get the DVD of season 4.5 to complete my collection and wait on the big honkin' set. Hey, maybe in a year or so they'll have the really really complete version with "The Plan" and the missing webisodes.

Based on the pic alone, I may have to check out "Repulsion"

Thanks guys!

12. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'll be picking up the Battlestar Galactica set. It's alot of money all at once but the 5 (or more) individual sets will end costing more than the series set. Especially since S2 and S3 have about 20 episodes so there's no chance that they'll be $40 a piece.

Thanks for the prices, guys!

13. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I've heard alot about Repulsion so I might make that a rental, otherwise nothing for me.

14. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Don't forget Barnes & Noble currently has 50% off all Criterion DVD and Blu-Ray titles (online or in-store). Most are $19.99 or less (including 'Repulsion') through August 2 (or $17.99 each of you have a B&N Membership).

15. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I held off on picking up "Battlestar" 4.0 after the split season release for season 2 was followed up with a complete season release. Any chance of that happening for season four, as well?

16. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Originally Posted by FranklinC

17. Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb Second Unit

Best Buy also has a $12.99 Paramount Blu-ray promotion going on today through August 22. I can't remember all of the included titles, but I know that The Truman Show, Election, Trading Places, Payback:DC, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, U2: Rattle & Hum, The Manchurian Candidate, Black Snake Moan, Black Rain, and World Trade Center were amongst them.

18. WillG

WillG Producer

Just to get clarification on something, Mike has the Spinal Tap BD listed at Best Buy for $21.99, while Patrick shows it being listed at BB for 25? Just wondering which is correct. Judging by B&M BD prices, I'm betting on the $25 price.

19. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Good question, Will.

The $21.99 price I got from BestBuy.com. See it HERE.

Patrick's probably is the price you'll find in-store from the flyer. You MAY be able, however, to get a cooperative customer service rep. to pricematch for you!

20. WillG

WillG Producer

Thanks Mike,

Should be ok then, I've never had a problem at Best Buy yet with getting a price match with the website price.