What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/1/05 (1 Viewer)

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Don I am not sure what you are looking for, but the $3.00 off the purchase of Bambi coupon comes in the Incredibles DVD, but since this is not out in masses somebody over at dvdtalk.com has it and scanned the coupon. This is the only way to get it.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411554

The only $5 coupon I know of is also for Bambi but it is a Walgreens store coupon. This one is found in their ad.

Not sure if this helps.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Got Bambi last night from Best Buy.
The coupon scanned in, said "Manuf $3 off coupon", but the value was $0.01. The cashier noted this, overrode the price of the DVD and lowered it $3.
Sweet!
Now I just need some popcorn!

-Joe (who also got the Philadelphia Story and Bringing Up Baby - big week for the wife)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Not meaning to be "holier than thou" but I'm surprised this whole $3 coupon discussion hasn't been shut down by the administrators. True, it's not breaking street date, but the coupon came from a DVD that has yet to be released. Not to mention the coupon explicitly states no copies. Personally, I just feel like it's pushing the boundaries to save a few bucks.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont think they have become wise to anything.
i used the coupon tues morn first thing and the cashier said to me the register tried to charge .01 for the coupon.
she just manually corrected the price to be $3 cheaper.

it's a coupon not a dvd. plus there is no date this coupon.

cant break street date for coupons either i dont think unless it has a specific date written on it.

plus if it says no copies and the store still takes it why is that my problem.

"holier then thou'"
not so much but why do you care? i'm just wondering.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Well, it's not keeping me up at night, but as I said it's a bit beyond what I would do to save $3. Obviously others feel differently and I acknowledge it's a gray area. Bygones.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Well, to be honest I also pondered the right or wrong of it. Then I threw 3 dollars on the floor and rolled around nekid on them. I feel better now. :D

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I rationalize it like this:

- I am getting The Incredibles DVD in a couple of weeks, already pre-ordered it. It will have the manufacturers $3 Bambi coupon in it, which has no "effective date" listed. I will not use that physical coupon.

- Instead I used a scanned copy to translate the coupon forward in time so I can use it now and combine it with first week discount pricing on Bambi.

- Target isn't out anything because Disney pays for the coupon. They get the sale now, at the price they are charging after getting the $3 from Disney.

- Disney isn't out anything because I'm still buying the DVD from a retailer who bought it from Disney. They would pay the $3 coupon if I waited to buy Bambi later. Disney gets another "first-day" sale to add to their record total they are boasting about. Without the coupon, I may have waited for a better deal later.

- Everybody wins. :)

(Of course, if a whole lot of people were to use copies of this $3 coupon intended only for buyers of The Incredibles who don't actually buy The Incredibles that could be more than what Disney bargained for. But really, how many of us Bambi buyers on forums like this one won't be buying The Incredibles?)

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
It's still stupid to release the coupon on a DVD that is released later... I hadn't seen this before I went Tuesday morning to BB to get the plush Thumper. Oh well, I'll live... :D

-Christian

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Putting the coupon out after Bambi has been released is done becuase that way not as many people will use the coupon. However, they will get the people that were thinking about buying it or the people that were 'draging their feet' will get incentive to pick it up.

Imagine if the coupons were flipped and Bambi had $3.00 off of The Incredibles. I think almost everyone would use the coupon then:)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And, even if you did use the physical coupon...I think the Disney Company would be pleased to have multiple sales of the title--even at discounted prices. That's the whole idea behind coupons anyway...to encourage sales.

Think about the motivation as to why the manufacturers print coupons. It's not to please the customers (although that's why we like to think they do it). They want to move product. Get that product into households so people will buy more product like it.

And that now leads this humble reporter to the issue of Best Buy's "Preferred Customer" coupons....... :angry:

:D

Kevin_Lodge

Stunt Coordinator
For those looking for Warners Classics Collection - I picked it up at Sams Club tonight for $41.52 !!!

Works out to about $7.00 per movie. A great deal for some great classic flicks.

Beep these boxsets coming Warners and I will keep buying them.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

In today's (Sat) paper, there are coupons for the Grand Opening of my new Target. There is a coupon for $5 off any purchase totalling $25 or more. The coupon is good until 3/20. (Might wanna use that when The Incredibles comes out!)

Don

Second Unit
EricSchulz What is the Name of The Paper you found it in. I'm in Wisconsin to and I'll like to get Some More Disney DVD's tonight if Possible.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I don't get the paper, but my mom passed it on to me...it either came in the Racine Journal-Times or Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks