What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/1/05 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
No Classic Comedies sets or singles at my Costco either. Hopefully they were just delayed, as it would be a surprise if they weren't carrying these.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
The Classic Comedies Collection was MIA at my Costco as well. They had no record of it in their computer system either. They did, however, have the Warner Scorsese collection for something like $36.99. A great buy. Anyway, I ordered the comedy set from DDD. I also got Bambi, with the free Thumper plush from Best Buy for $15.99.

As always, Mike and Patrick, thanks for the hard work.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
For anybody interested the Criterion title The Riverand Rutles 2 is listed at DDD at a price leading $21.56 and $18.73, respectively.

Joel

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i used the coupon from dvdtalk thread here to get $3 off bambi at bb and they stil had the thumper beanie toys.

CC in store price here for sctv was 79.99 so price matched the bb ad for another $2 off for a total of $57.99 for sctv .

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I successfully used that scanned $3 Bambi coupon that I posted a link to above. It scanned fine at Target; rang up as "MFR COUPON 3.00-".

I passed on the Mulan II deal. Got Spongebob instead.

Jim-M

Second Unit
I used a black & white printout of the coupon at WalMart for Bambi and it scanned in fine. WalMart's price was $14.24 before the coupon was applied.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
My local Best Buy would not take the scanned Bambi coupon--they were pretty adamant about not accepting copies...:frowning:

On a different but happier note--at least for me--my local Costco is selling Lost In Space S3V1 for $24.99...

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Mike - Great job. I read the Weekly Roundup right after I check the local Target & BB ads while eating breakfast - yummy!

I'd rather have the Amazon prices (since I use them a lot) rather than Deep Discount. Walmart 'national' or internet prices (even if not always consistent)would be useful. We only have one Walmart in the area so they rarely advertise in our 'local' paper.

My local Walmart usually matches (or betters!) the prices of the local Best Buy at Porter Ranch -- they're only 3 or 4 stores apart! :D

Keep up the great work. It is very much appreciated.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Not such a big fan of Strawberries, Coconuts, FTE rebates anymore. However, they have Bambi for $19.99 and a $7 rebate for $12.99 net cost.

Also Strawberries, here in RI anyway, has the Super Bowl XXXIX vid for the same deal.

Neng

Auditioning
Spongebob Squarepants Movie is $11.95 at Ultimate Electronics.
Also Flight of the Phoenix and Exorcist are $14.95.:D

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Picked up Bambi at Target ($12.99 after using the coupon from DVDTalk) and Brady Bunch at Best Buy for $24.99 after price-matching CC. Target also had The Philadelphia Story and Incident at Loch Ness for $19.99 each.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I picked up Bambi at my local Wal-Mart for $15.87 minus the $3 coupon from DVDTalk = $12.87. I'e also printed the coupon for $5 off Bambi if you buy three packages of Jolly Time popcorn (if you haven't tried the "Blast O' Butter" flavor of Jolly Time, you haven't tried microwave popcorn! :D ) So, final total will be $7.87!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

(The clerk tried to scan the coupon, but it wouldn't scan. I got nervous. She then tried to manually enter in the numbers. That didn't work either. I got more nervous. But, she just took the coupon and manually over-rode the whole thing and rang in a $3 manufacturers Coupon! :D )

Then went across the street and picked up Bringing Up Baby at Target for $15.99.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
TonyD - Thanks for the heads-up on the Bambi coupon. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike - I had a similar experience using the coupon (B&W laser-printed copy) at my local Wal-Mart today. The cashier asked me if the coupon "came from the computer". Luckily I held my numerous sarcastic replys in check. The cashier had to get approval for the coupon by the Wal-Mart "podium person". And then the "podium person" had to get it approved by someone with authority. They finally gave the OK, the cashier scanned it, and it scanned fine for the $3.00 discount.

Selected Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA) pricing:
Bambi SE $15.87
Brady Bunch: Season 1 $24.87
Exorcist: The Beginning $14.87
Flight of the Phoenix $16.87
Hoosiers CE $15.87
In the Weeds $19.96
Incident at Loch Ness $19.22
Lost in Space: S3 V1 $28.38
Rameses: Wrath of God or Man? $14.64
Spongebob Squarepants Movie $14.87
Virginia’s Run $13.92
Wonder Woman: Season 2 $26.48

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator
No Classic Comedies box at Costco, Borders, or Best Buy in Tacoma, and none at Costco and Best Buy in Olympia. Best Buy had all the individual titles, however. Did they not get the box out to retailers in this area for some reason? Anybody actually seen one in a store?

Scott

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Scott: BradWOO posted (just a few posts back) that he spotted the set at a BJs Wholesale Club near him. BJs is another store I haven't been to in the past couple of weeks! I gotta get out more! :D

FWIW, my Wal-Mart had none of the Classsic Comedies titles tonight. :thumbsdown: Target had both Bringing Up Baby and The Philadelphia Story...but that's about it.

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mike,

I saw that post, but he's in Ohio. We don't have BJs wholesale store up here that I know of. I should have said "Has anyone around here (in the northwest) seen it in a store?"

Thanks again for your awesome work each week. It's the first click of the day every Sunday!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Question for anyone familiar with Targers opening up. Target is opening at the mall down the street from me this Sunday. Do they usually have specials for opening day/week, or is it usually just the normal advertised sales (i.e. not worth fighting the crowds the first week or 2)? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks