What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-22-2005 (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Apparently the Wal-Mart bonus disc for War of the Worlds contains the HBO first look special and the pre-viz feature from the 2-disc.

Thanks for the effort Mike, and everyone else. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Hmmmm. Alex might have just rearranged my shopping trip tonight. ;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Hey, Alex: You didn't see prices on any of the other new releases at BJs? Didja, huh? Didja, huh? :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Popped into BB on my way to work this morning, and there were no King Kong discs (any flavor) to be found! One of the employees said they had the collector's box sets in back, but didn't have the room or time to put 'em out front that morning because of the XBox 360 hoopla. :angry:

They'd better have 'em out when I head back after work...

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
The Best Buy 164+ page DVD-sized bonus book for RZ members is quite nice. It's the shooting script, is illustrated with color stills, and features a Q&A with the screenwriter. Looks like it was just re-sized down from the original Newmarket shooting script series release.

It's a much nicer bonus item than some silly lithograph.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I picked up War of the Worlds LE and Polar Express 2-disc at BB. Went to Walmart first to check out the price and I didn't see either of those.

So I went to BB and fought the Xbox 360 crowd and used the $3 coupon for War of the Worlds LE and $3 in Best Buy Bucks for Polar Express.

One thing though, my BB had a Bonus disc packaged with the single disc version of Polar Express. Anyone know what is on it? It's not the size of a normal dvd but rather a miniDVD and only with the single disc versions, not the 2-disc versions.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
I had to commandeer a clerk to get a Kong box set for me from the stock room. They were way too focused on Xbox.

BTW - the Best Buy Kong box set also has five more mimi-poster reproductions, exclusive to this set. A great deal made better - but almost soured by the huge Xbox mess.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Just got back from a Wal-Mart and CC run (for other things). Not that I looked too closely, but neither seemed to have many of the WotW 2discs. TONS of the single disc. I find this unusual...

-paul

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Anyone notice the Seinfeld sets at Wal-Mart today? Someone at DVDTalk said they say a sticker on S6 at Wal-Mart that mentioned an exclusive bonus disc. Has anyone else seen that, or know anything about it?

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the "King Kong" Best Buy boxed set, then headed over to Fry's down the road and bought the 2-disc set of "The Polar Express"--for $13.99!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

It's becoming more common. It's hard to find the two-disc Batman Begins, as an example. At my Best Buy, the 2-disc sets were easily outnumbered, but there was an adequate supply.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday I saw that DVDEmpire & Overstock have warnings regarding supply of the 2-disc LE which seemed kind of odd.

DVDEmpire; *Limited Quantities Available. Orders Will Ship On A First Come First Serve Basis While Supplies Last.

Overstock; Limited Inventory! Sell out Risk: VERY HIGH

When I went to Best Buy this morning they didn't have the tables out with all the new stuff like they usually do. So I found a WotW display in the aisle near the front (didn't check elsewhere in the store). The display had everything, (1-disc FF, 1-disc WS, 2-disc LE, book) but there were almost no 2-disc LEs, it was about 90% 1-disc/10% 2-disc.

:confused:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I bought the single disc version, but I might go back and get one of the 2-discers. I have someone who will want the single disc, so it'll work out.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
My BB looked to have a reasonable number of the WotW 2-disc sets. I didn't buy it this morning because I didn't want to wait in the long line of XBoxen who were checking out then.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Costco had the King Kong (blue cover) 3-title set for $26.50 (It might be $24.5, but I can't quite recall for certain).

Costco also had a 5-season pack of Angel for $125 ($25/season)

Costco also had The O.C. Season 1 for $26.99 (and it was included in the Warner Bros. season set rebate promotion)

Target had the LoTR DVDs (theatrical version) FoTR, TTT, RoTK for $5.88, and they also have all 3 Harry Potter DVDs for $5.88 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks