What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-22-2005 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Whew!! 2nd big week in a row for me. Add to that the just-concluded DDD 20% off sale, and I'm about tapped out!

Tuesday AM I'll brave the XBox 360 launch crowds to hit Target for the Seinfeld sets (w/ gift card), then it's off to Best Buy to grab the Kong tin box set and the 2-disc WotW SE. I've also got Ran, LitB, KotH, TPE (2-disc), and Ringers coming from online orders.

Then I'll settle back to enjoy a DVD-watching orgy (not to mention too much food) for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I'm not going anywhere near any stores on Black Friday!

Thanks to Mike & Patrick for the Roundup.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Yeah, and suppose one disc is a floater? Do you have to exchange the entire set?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Wotta week!

King Kong Collection & CE
Leave It To Beaver: Season 1
Seinfeld: Season 5
Seinfeld: Season 6

And, depending if I can find it at a better price than the B&M's listed here...
War of the Worlds (2005) LE

Thank you, Mike and Patrick!

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup Mike. Sadly for me, while I am getting King Kong this week...I can't buy anything until FRIDAY, so I have to deal with the crazie deal finders.

Well I know for a fact that Best Buy's Friday deals probably only work for Reward Zone, because they seem to hate people who don't buy their stupid card.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the roundup guys.

Sam's Club has Seinfeld 5/6 for $32.88 per season or $78.88 for the box.

I'm making a rare purchase at BB to get the monkey movies super set.

Andy Griffith season 4 & Seinfeld 5 & 6 will be purchased as presents.

Steve

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

Dennis, it's a pretty good animated TV-movie based on the The Batman series. It ran on Cartoon Network about a month ago, and had been slated for release around the same time but got pushed back. Not at the same level as some of the other animated movies, but it was pretty good. Not sure that I'd buy it though...

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Looks like for me it's Seinfeld Seasons 5 and 6, King Kong and WOTW Deluxe (Although I'm pissed that it's going to cost so much more than the 1-Disc considering that I paid significantly less for fully loaded special editions such as "Episode III", "Titanic", "The Fly" recently, to name a few. Hell an entire season of Seinfeld is only costing five dollars more.)

And what's up with Best Buy's prices this week? Is it just me, or do they stink? How can they be charging $21.99 for King Kong while Target is selling it for $14.99. I know with price matching it's a moot point, but still.

Thanks for the roundup.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

The DVD only version of it came out on DVD the Tuesday prior to the Cartoon Network airing (which made no sense to me - shortest window between a direct-to-dvd movie and it's broadcast premiere, I'm guessing).

I'm assuming the listing in this week's roundup is for the Batman Vs. Dracula Gift Set, which includes a Batman and a Dracula figure along with the DVD.

At the time, I couldn't wait to see it, so I grabbed it when it first came out. I would've waited if I had known it was going to air on Cartoon Network the same week.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Low Price Alert for WoTW 2-disc (regional, possible YMMV):
Listed in this week's circulars for Giant (mid-Atlantic)and Stop & Shop Supermarkets (southern New England, downstate NY, northern NJ), they have the 2-disc WoTW pictured for $19.99. They likely have the wrong picture as that's what they normally sell new releases for (so it's likely their price for the single disc), but it's worth checking out.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Flipping through my wife's People magazine, has a $3 off coupon for WotW (2005).

Too bad 2-disc releases now cost $25...

arsh

Second Unit
I saw CHRONICLES OF MARNIA..old version by MGM? for $10 at Circuit city! any comments on transfer?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Pretty reasonable question!

But, read the disclaimer, dude! I can't do them all. Many of the music releases slip under my radar. You could do everyone a favor, though, and look up the prices yourself and post them here to share. If one person is interested, there are probably others, too! :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

true on the sunday paper, i think anyone can get the paper on saturday, and usually delivary sends out the ads and a few other sections on sat then the rest with the real news on sunday.

i know the black friday ad posting stuff is on the forum somewere, but after a quick search i didnt find it.

i don't intend on posting any prices but if the ads
are now in the public's hands through proper "channels, then wouldnt the prices now be, public?
if it is in my newspaper, isn't it now news?

i'm not asking you, mike, i'm really just thinking out loud.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is the war of the wwolrds tv series any good.
looks worth a shot for under $15.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks