What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-11-2005 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ernesto: Thanks for the confirmation. I just came back here and saw your response after already ordering from Amazon on an impulse. Turns out I haven't ordered anything from amazon since 2002, I guess. :b

I added Lifeboat and got free shipping. Anybody got any rules of thumb as to when I might expect the discs to show up at the door? I'm not in any rush to get them...just curious.

I really need to get out more! :D Or, maybe stay IN more! :laugh:

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
They also (Amazon) have great preorder prices on War of the Worlds Deluxe & Polar Express Deluxe. WOTW is $16.98 & PE is $15.98. I put them together to get free shipping (I'll have to wait 2 weeks for WOTW since it comes out Nov. 8 & PE is Nov. 22). I ordered 2 of the Batman Begins deluxe (one for me & one for my nephew). With SSS they can ship any time from release date to 3 or 4 days later & arrive in 4-5 days usually.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Just as an FYI, when I picked up Arrested Development S2 and Veronica Mars S1 at Best Buy today, only Arrested Development automatically was marked down by the POS to the $24.99 RZ price. I had to point out to the cashier that it wasn't automatically being marked down to the $37.99 price and she did it manually.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks, Bill! This is cool. I'm strictly a B&M-kind-of-guy. The only times I order over the 'net are typically one-on-one transactions for used stuff.

It'll be interesting for me to see if I could have done any better locally.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Are you referring to Speilberg's WOTW, if so, not for me I guess. WOTW Deluxe is $25.99 at Amazon. Sure you weren't mistakely refering to the Single Disc edition which I believe was $15.98?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So I saw someone mention on DVD Talk that Costco might have a $10 discount with the purchase of both seasons of Arrested Development. Can anyone confirm?

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
--Best Buy has a bunch of special prices reserved solely for members of its Reward Zone program:

Kicking and Screaming -- $14.99

Bestbuy in San Diego had the above and Kingdom of Heaven for $12.99 for RZ members. They had to be manually adjusted at the register.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

There was no "Arrested Development" at my local Costco yesterday. However, my Costco has been having a problem with not having new release TV sets available on street date (forcing me to buy somewhere else. Then a week later, Costco has the title out for less money than I had to pay elsewhere) Anyone else been having this issue at their local Costco?

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
My BB was sold out of Arrested S2 (and apparently all around NYC).
Got a raincheck at least--good for the show, bad for me!

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Anyone else pick up the extra book with Kingdom of Heaven at Walmart? I thought it was a pretty good deal for just $3 more. Lots of good info in it.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Sorry WillG, I goofed. When I was thinking about the Amazon deal I meant I combined the 2 disc Charlie & The Chocolate Factory with Polar Express. All of these releases with simultaneous 1 & 2 disc deluxe had me confused. Yeah, I'm still hoping for somebody to have a good price on WOTW & Cinderella Man for the 2 disc deluxe versions.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I considered picking up the DVD with the book, but settled for the DVD alone - the book set was $5 more at my local Wal-Mart ($14.87 DVD alone & $19.96 with the book).

I also grabbed The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ($16.87) and Kicking & Screaming ($14.87).

Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks