What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-22-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Weekly RoundUp

The Features

– This Sporting Life - 1963

– Heather Graham (Adrift in Manhattan – 2007)

– Cast of Torchwood - 2006

– Madison Pettis & Dwayne Johnson (The Game Plan – 2007)

The Prices

SD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostco4 by Agnes Varda (CC)$74.99$99.99$99.99 - - **Adrift in Manhattan (R & NR)$9.99$9.99$19.99 - - Avatar: Last Airbender Book 3 Fire Vol 2$11.99$9.99$15.99$12.99 - Banacek: Season 2$17.49$24.99$19.99 - - Barney Miller: Season 2$19.99$24.99$19.99 - - Blonde Ambition$22.49$16.99$19.99$19.99 - ER: Season 8$34.99$34.99$39.99 - - Fatal Contact$19.99$19.99$19.99 - - **The Game Plan$16.99$16.99$14.99$16.99 - The Girls Next Door: Season 3$22.99$24.99$22.99 - - Hawaii 5-0: Season 3$36.99$39.99$39.99 - $33.99The Hunting Party$19.99$19.99$19.99 - - Hustle: Season 4$26.19$29.99$29.99 - - John Frankenheimer Collection$29.99$34.99$34.99 - - Make Room for Daddy: Season 6$27.99$29.99$34.99 - - Miss Julie (CC)$29.99$34.99$34.99 - - Missionary Man$22.49$19.99$19.99 - - Molière$22.49$19.99$19.99 - - The Odd Couple: Season 3$29.99$34.99$34.99 - - R & B Chick$17.99$14.99$15.99 - - Saved from Flames: 54 Films 1896-1944$49.95 - - - - **Saw IV (R/OAR, NR/OAR, NR/MAR)$16.99$16.99$14.99$16.99 - Sex and Breakfast$19.99$19.99$19.99 - - The Simple Life 5 (Goes to Camp)$14.99$14.99$12.99 - - Swamp Thing: The Series$27.99$34.99$34.99 - - **Sydney White$19.99$19.99$19.99$19.99 - This Sporting Life (CC)$29.99$34.99$34.99 - - Torchwood: Season 1$54.99$54.99$69.99 - - When Evil Calls$19.99$19.99$19.99 - -

(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

HD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoNone to report this week…again. - - - - -

BLU-RAY TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoThe Game Plan$23.95$29.99$29.99$29.99 - Saw IV$26.95$29.99$29.99$29.99 -

Individual titles included in box sets listed above:

4 by Agnes Varda: La Pointe Courte, Cleo from 5 to 7, Le Bonheur, Vagabond.

The John Frankenheimer Collection: The Train, The Manchurian Candidate, Ronin, The Young Savages.

The Disclaimer Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

"LP" in the RoundUp table means a store’s Sunday flyer says "Low Price". That means I could not locate a definite price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, as always, Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

The Specials

**BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL! 3The Game Plan AND Saw IV (Unrated) AND Sydney White are available in both OAR and MAR versions...get the right one(s)! Also, Adrift in Manhattan is available in both rated and unrated versions. Get the one that’s right for you.

--At Best Buy, purchase Saw IV on DVD ($16.99) and you are eligible to add ANY one of the following three DVDs onto your purchase in a 2/$25 deal: 3:10 to Yuma, Good Luck Chuck, War (Statham/Li) (Reg. $19.99 apiece). Must be purchased on same receipt.

--Or, you can buy Saw IV on Blu-ray disc ($29.99) and become eligible to add any one of the following three Blu-ray discs onto your purchase in a 2/$45 deal: 3:10 to Yuma, Good Luck Chuck, War (Statham/Li) (Reg. $29.99 apiece). Must be purchased on same receipt.

--At Best Buy: Purchase The Game Plan on DVD (or Blu-ray) and pick one DVD from the following list of three DVDs for just $5: Mighty Ducks, Miracle, The Rookie (Reg. $9.99 apiece). Must be purchased on same receipt.

--Best Buy has a number of TV Shows on DVD season sets on sale for just $19.99. Titles include select season sets from: American Dad, Arrested Development, Dharma & Greg, Futurama, How I Met Your Mother, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Practice and The Shield.

--@ Best Buy, select seasons from the following shows are $14.99: 3rd Rock from the Sun, Dawson’s Creek, I Dream of Jeannie, Married With Children, Roseanne, Rules of Engagement.

--Also @ Best Buy, select seasons of Desperate Housewives and Lost are on sale for $29.99.

--Best Buy is also doing “Double Reward Zone Program Points” on a number of “Award Winning” movies:

$9.99: Brokeback Mountain, Capote, Goodwill Hunting, LOTR: ROTK, Million Dollar Baby, Sideways.

$14.99: Braveheart SE, The Departed, Gladiator, Last King of Scotland, Little Miss Sunshine, The Queen, The Sound of Music, The Usual Suspect, Walk the Line.

$19.99: Gandhi.

--Best Buy has a FREE $10 GIFTCARD if you buy any TWO Blu-ray discs from the following list…or a FREE $25 GIFTCARD if you buy any THREE Blu-ray discs from the following list ($29.99 apiece): 300, Apocalypto, Happy Feet, Oceans 13, PotC 3, Ratatouille, Spider-Man 3, Superbad, Surfs Up, Talladega Nights, Underdog, Wild Hogs.

--Best Buy is advertising FREE “Nick bucks” towards the purchase of Nickelodeon titles. “Nick bucks” are available on a number of titles marked down from $14.99 to $9.99. On-pack. Nick bucks valid toward future Nickelodeon purchase. Redeemable in-store only.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:Best Buy has a number of DVDs listed @ $4.99.

--With Circuit City this week, I’ve got a couple of discrepancies between their low on-line price and their flyer price…so beware! The Game Plan has a flyer price of $14.99…but a circuitcity.com price of $15.99. And, The Simple Life 5: Goes to Camp has a flyer price of $12.99…and an on-line price of $15.99.

--Circuit City has a FREE FILM CELL available with its copies of Saw IV.

--CC also has a deal in which you can save $5 on the purchase of Saw, Saw II, or Saw III (Reg. $14.99 apiece) with the purchase of Saw IV. Must be purchased on same receipt.

--@ CC, buy The Game Plan and pick up The Pacifier AND/OR Sky High for just $5 apiece. Must be purchased on same receipt.

--And, @ Circuit City you can save $10 on the joint purchase of The Girls Next Door: Season 3 AND The Simple Life: Season 5 (Goes to Camp). Must be purchased on same receipt.

--I think it’s worth noting that Circuit City is advertising the “Ultimate Editions” of the three Rambo movies for just $3.99 apiece this week.

--CC has BUY 2, Get 1 FREE deals on select Blu-ray titles ($24.99) this week…and a Buy 2, save $10 deal on select HD-DVD titles ($29.99) this week.

Blu-ray: Black Hawk Down, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Cruel Intentions, Curse of the Golden Flower, Donnie Brasco, A Few Good Men, Fifth Element, Final Fantasy: Spirit Within, Hellboy, Hitch, Hostel, House of Flying Daggers, Into the Blue, A Knight’s Tale, Kung Fu Hustle, Layer Cake, Memento, The Patriot, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Stealth, SWAT, Tears of the Sun, Vertical Limit, Wild Things, XxX.

HD-DVD: Blades of Glory, The Bourne Ultimatum, Flags of Our Fathers, The Heartbreak Kid, Hot Fuzz, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, King Kong, The Kingdom, Knocked Up (NR), Mission Impossible: 3, Shooter, Shrek the Third, Smokin’ Aces, Transformers.

--Circuit City also has a bunch of Season 1 sets of various TV Shows on DVD on sale this week.

--Circuit City Odds and Ends: Circuit City has lists of DVDs for sale @ $3.99, $6.99 and 2/$12.

--At Target, there is an EXCLUSIVE “DELUXE EDITION” of Saw IV for $22.99 Quantity limited. No rainchecks.

--Target also has a list of select “Fitness” DVDs on sale for $12.99 this week. Located in fitness section.

--Target Odds and Ends: Target has selections of DVDs listed at $6.50 and $10 this week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City on sale DVD items:

Evan Almighty $15.99
First Blood Ultimate Edition $3.99
Rambo: First Blood part 2 Ultimate Edition $3.99
Rambo 3 Ultimate Edition $3.99

$3.99 each:
Glory Road
Miracle
Rounders
The Waterboy
The Rookie
The Ice Princess

$6.99 each:
Invincible
Gone in 60 seconds: Director's cut
Remember the Titans
Stick It
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Eight Below

2 for $12:
Transporter 2
The Sentinel
The Italian Job
Spider-man 2
The Thai Warrior
Antwone Fisher
Entrapment
Saving Private Ryan
The Patriot
Blazing Saddles
Grandma's Boy: Unrated
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Last Samurai
The Warriors: Ultimate Director's Cut
Spiderman
The Edge/Tigerland
Bullet
The Mask of Zorro
Armageddon
Cocoon / Cocoon: The Return
Finding Neverland
The Pianist
Cast Away
Donnie Darko
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Shots! / Hot Shots! Part Deux
My super Ex-girlfriend
Airheads / PCU
Date Movie: Unrated
Material Girls

DVD Sets
Firday Night Lights season 1 $17.99
Entourage season 1 $17.99
How I Met Your Mother season 1 $19.99
Dexter season 1 $19.99
Weeds season 1 $19.99
Curb Your Enthusiasm season 1 $19.99
Bones season 1 $24.99
CSI: Miami season 1 $24.99
Shark season 1 $24.99
CSI season 1 $24.99
Jericho season 1 $24.99
Lost season 1 $29.99
The Riches season 1 $27.99

Blu-Ray: Buy 2 get 1 free:

$24.99:
Donnie Brasco
SWAT
Into the Blue
Wild Things
Vertical Limit
Layer Cake
Hellboy
A Knight's Tale
Kung Fu Hustle
XXX
Cruel Intentions
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Black Hawk Down
Curse of the Golden Flower
The Patriot
The Fifth Element
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
A Few Good Men
Hostel
House of Flying Daggers
Memento
Stealth
Hitch
Tears of the Sun
Final fantasy: The spirit Within

HD-DVD: Buy 2 save $10:

$29.99:
The Bourne Ultimatum
Transformers
Shooter
The Kingdom
MI: III
Smokin' Aces
King Kong
Flags of our Fathers
Shrek the Third
The Heartbreak Kid
I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry
Knocked Up Unrated
Blades of Glory
Hot Fuzz

-------

Best Buy on sale DVD items:

Planet Earth $59.99
Rush Hour 3 $14.99
Balls of Fury $14.99
Bring it On: In It to Win It $14.99

$4.99 each:
American Beauty
Anchorman
Black Sheep
Breakfast at Tiffanys SE
Ferris Bueller's Day Off SE
The First Wives Club
Footloose SE
Forrest Gump
Ghost SE
The Godfather
The Godfather, Part II
Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events
The Longest Yard (2005)
The Runaway Bride
Saving Private Ryan
Shark Tale
SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
Titanic 10th Anniversary Edition
Tommy Boy SE
Top Gun

$9.99 each: Get Double RZ Points When You Buy These Award-Winning Movies - More in Store and Online.
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Good Will Hunting
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Million Dollar Baby
Sideways

$14.99 each:
Braveheart
Gladiator
The Departed
The Last Kind of Scotland
Little Miss Sunshine
The Queen
The Sound of Music
The Usual Suspects
Walk the Line

$19.99:
Ghandi

TV on DVD:

$14.99 each
Roseanne: Seasons 1-9
3rd Rock from the Sun: Seasons 1-4
Married with Children: Seasons 1-7
I Dream of Jeannie: Seasons 1-4
Dawson's Creek: Seasons 1-6
Rules of Engagement: Season 1

$19.99 each
How I Met Your Mother: Seasons 1 & 2
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Seasons 1 & 2
Futurama: Seasons 1-4
American Dad: Seasons 1-2
The Practice: Season 1
Dharma and Greg: Season 1
The Shield: Seasons 1-5

$29.99 each
Desperate Housewives: Seasons 1-2
Lost: Seasons 1-2

Special Deal: Free Blu-Ray Disc 3-Pack Instantly with the purchase of ANY 1080p HDTV.
3-pack includes Invincible, 50 First Dates and Night at the Museum.

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

6.50 each: Titles Shown and Selected Others
Mean Girls
Old School
Green Mile
Robin Hood: Men In Tights
Breakfast At Tiffany's Anniversary Edition

10.00 each: Titles Shown and Selected Others
Resident Evil & Resident Evil: Apocalypse 2-pack
Happily N'ever After
Borat
Flicka
Legally Blonde & Legally Blonde 2-pack

TV on DVD: Titles Shown and Selected Others
Gilmore Girls, Season 7 29.99
Nip/Tuck, Season 4 29.99
Smallville, Season 6 29.99
Veronica Mars, Season 3 29.99

12.99 each: Selected Fitness DVDs
10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat
Dancing With The Stars: Cardio Dance
10 Minute Solutions: Pilates
Kathy Smith: Tummy Trimmers
Tank Top Arms
3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
Ultimate Fat Burn
Yoga Conditioning For Weight Loss
Dance For Weight Loss

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks gents!

Looks like just The Odd Couple: Season 3 for me this week. Although, since CC is featuring the Wii in their circular, I may break down and finally take the plunge... if I can snag one! :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i feel like i need to buy Barney to help get more Miller sets later.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
ER season 8 for me this week. Haven't watched that show in a while. Thanks as always.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the Roundup!!

Another slow week for me although I'm going to give Torchwood a rental since I've heard such good things about it.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
It's Season 2 of Banacek & Season 3 of Hawaii Five-O for me this week :D

John Swarce

Second Unit
I looked at the Target ad the AM for the Saw IV Deluxe Edition. What I see looks like the regular edition of Saw IV with another movie bundled with it (Ad says Saw IV 2 pack). Am I missing something? Confusion reigns!

--John

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as usual. Nothing this week, though for some reason I had thought new versions of Manchurian Candidate and The Train were coming out. Guess not.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Slow week. Just Saw IV for me.

Thanks for the prices! :)

I looked at Target's ad on their website and it says that it's Saw IV and The Ninth Gate. It seens safe to assume that there's no exclusive content.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I would say the usual "Nothing for me this week", but it looking like my financial aid is coming in sometime this week, so I might be getting a few dvds I been meaning to get along with get some stuff for school (new bed, a new laptop).

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

Ah, good old financial aid. That's what paid for my first DVD player in 1998. I only have 3 years left till it's paid off. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Actually, Rick...I usually do whenever there is something I'm getting. I might consider the Dharma & Greg set at BB for $19.99 this week. I think Jenna Elfman is gorgeous and funny-as-all-get-out, but I've never really seen that many episodes of the show.

The guy who started this whole thing, Dave Lambert, started posting his own list of stuff...because he used to buy a LOT. I just like going through and posting all the (what I consider to be) high-profile stuff. Sometimes it helps me...but for the most part my financial situation keeps me from splurging too much.

I end up buying most of my DVDs used or on a really big sale.

That $4.99 list at BB this week is quite tempting for gifts. There are some really nice titles there.

Oh. I posted this in the Borders coupon thread. HERE IS A COUPON for 30% off any TV Show on DVD at Borders. Limit three per customer. Valid only on 1-21-08 & 1-22-08.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks