What's new

Warner's 2008 Blu-Ray lineup (1 Viewer)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I second the request for BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS by themselves; if I have to buy a box set and get BATMAN FOREVER and BATMAN & ROBIN I'll pass. Have BATMAN BEGINS on HD DVD already,

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am wondering when we will see Lethal Weapon 3 & 4 on Blu-ray? Both LW 1 & 2 have been out for quite awhile now but no sign of 3 & 4. I am wondering if WB is going to release a LW quadrilogy with a lossless track?

Has anyone heard about LW 3 & 4 being released on Blu-ray?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Interesting followup on the Bits. Here's my take.

The GOOD!
  • All SE DVD catalog releases going forward will have a simultaneous BD release :emoji_thumbsup: (though Warner has pretty much been doing this already)
  • They're listening to all the noise requests for lossless audio. :emoji_thumbsup:
  • The BD catchup titles are coming! :emoji_thumbsup: (hopefully some are improved [hint]ANIMATRIX IN 1080P PLEASE!! and lossless for all!! [hint]) ;)
  • Ben-Hur in the works!! :emoji_thumbsup: (though it's hard for me to get very excited over something that's 12 to 22 months away)
The BAD!
  • The BD catchup titles are coming :eek: :eek: (bad for my wallet :laugh: and I probably won't be able to recoup much from my Betamax HD DVD versions on Ebay, I'll probably end up having to give 'em away - dammit! :angry: )
  • Heat needs a new transfer (Doesn't seem likely to be out this year and I really was looking forward to this one :frowning: )
  • Not a whole lot else was revealed catalog-wise for this year. I guess I'll just have to play the wait and see game.
The UGLY!
  • Warner seems to be holding back catalog releases based on the negative feedback from the AVS tier zealots and grain-haters. It's pretty sad that feedback from these dipshits and ass-hats are effecting what titles get (or don't get) released.

That's.........just..........fucking............sw ell.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I think something got mixed up, because I don't see anything from The Bits that says TDK is coming to video in Q3. Warner's usual window for the US seems to be between 5 and 6 months from theatrical debut to home video debut. It also seems obvious (to me) that TDK will be their flagship holiday title, and that fits perfectly with a ~5-month window.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Q3 does seem too early for The Dark Knight. I wouldn't be surprised to see Batman Begins released around the time TDK hits theaters but Q3 does seem a little too early. I imagine we'll see a November release.

phoule

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew Gerbel
FINALLY, EXCALIBUR on Blu-ray!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

gettin a chubby just thinkin 'bout it.

I really hope they get the rights to the original poster art and swap that for the horrid art on the current dvd. The friggin' castle in the background ain't even in the actual movie, boneheads! Needs some extra content as well, but I'm more than pleased it's on its way. date???

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Make that a third. I'll pass on a boxset that contains two films that I'll not be watching. I would contemplate selling them separately online but I don't believe demand for these two films would be very high.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

Are you absolutely sure that Bat-Nipples isn't a treat served at the Children's Matinee in the Life Of Brian? At any rate, I bet they'd be good with Wren's Livers.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Excellent news!

I'll ditto on the wish for Contact and an option to get just the Burton/Keaton (1st two) Batman films of the previous series w/ all the extras.

Can't wait to see what's in stall w/ the various Ultimate Collector's Edition releases. And will they be priced right just like the Blade Runner UCE release? :D

_Man_

troy evans

Screenwriter
For me it would depend more on the price. If the boxset is around $80 and the movies are selling between $25 and $35, why not get it? the box will probably be nice and it would be like the other two films are thrown in for free. Of course, that's if that turns out to be the case.

Eric F

Screenwriter
The thing that worries me about Excalibur is that it will be the same messed up AR they use for every transfer I've seen so far (HD/DVD, etc).

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Great news for the fans of the classics (like myself) and Dirty Harry box set is a must buy for me. First two Batman-films are also very cool (I hate "B&R", though), but I never really cared about "Matrix".. I´m also happy to double dip, even when I have most of the classics on SD DVD.

Thanks Warner!

dannyboy104

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david
'How The West Is Won' is listed for 29th Sept 2008 in the UK as Blu-Ray release. The Source is Send.com

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well here we are not to far away from being 1/2 way into 2008 and no word from WB about Lethal Weapon 3 & 4 and Superman 3 & 4. It has been just a little frustrating that these titles have not seen the light of day on Blu-ray. It is just wierd that they released 1 & 2 but did not release 3 & 4. I would have thought that they would have offered a box set of Superman and a box set of Lethal Weapon. I am wondering how much longer we will have to wait for a full set of ether title on Blu-ray?

I guess they could be working on releasing a complete set with lossless audio. ;)

Am looking foward to the following titles to be released on Blu-ray:
While a few are scheduled to come out this year I thought I would list them anyway.

Heat
Shawshank Redemption
Pale Rider
My Fair Lady
Contact
Rolling Stones: Bridges To Babylon Tour 97-98
Red Sonja
Pelican Brief
The Green Mile
Falling Down
The Matrix Trilogy
Sphere
Terminator 3 with lossless audio
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Demolition Man
Gone With The Wind
Streetcar Named Desire
Three Kings
US Marshals
Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves
The Glimmer Man
Grumpy Old Men
The Right Stuff
Altered States
Batman Anthology
Coma
The Man Without A Face
Mystic River
Thirteen Ghosts
Tango & Cash
Westworld
She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Dirty Harry Movies
The Iron Giant
Absolute Power
Hamlet (1990)
Logan's Run
The Negotiator
Collateral Damage
Eraser
Forever Young
Outbreak
The Postman Always Rings Twice
Murder At 1600
The Fugitive with lossless audio
Memphis Belle
Singin In The Rain
Battlefield Earth
Blood Work

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm definitely excited about an American in Paris as the existing DVD transfer is terrible. I'm also looking forward to Gigi, Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, and North by Northwest.

troy evans

Screenwriter
I'm thinking we'll get them when the new film "Superman: the Man of Steel" comes out. They more than likely are just waiting till then to cash in on the mania the new film will bring. Pretty much the same way Warner's handling the Batman franchise Blu-ray release this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks