What's new

WARNER - Stephen King's IT DVD Petition (1 Viewer)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Ah, one can never get enough Stephen King on DVD. I remember watching this on TV when it premiered in 1990 and then picking up the book the next day. Pretty heavy stuff for an 10-year-old. :)
I'd too like to see this on DVD. Perhaps Artisan, who has a history of distributing King film adaptations (The Stand, The Langoliers, Cujo, etc.), can license this from Warner Bros.--whom I believe owns the rights--and do a spectacular disc.
Screw the cast/Cohen commentary! I want a commentary by Stephen King! :) His tracks on The Stand and Storm of the Century were highly entertaining.
And to David Lambert:
That's an incredibly rude response, David. And it's even worse because you posted it in an open forum. Ricky wasn't selling you anything, he was asking you to add your name to a petition. It's not spam.
quote: Are you so desparate for petition sign-ups that you go trolling for them with instant messages?[/quote]
People do this all the time, so you better get used to it. Don't read the messages if you don't want to be "disturbed."
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on August 06, 2001 at 10:24 PM]

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Come on Warner, you need to redeem yourselves after the Willy Wonka fiasco!!!
------------------

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I would love to own this on DVD. Please release this with a commentary and documentary with the stars of the miniseries.

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Ricky,
Count me in too. I've only seen bits and pieces of the movie and I liked what I saw. I just can't bring myself to rent it on that little black rectangular thingy. What's it called... Oh yeah VHMess. :)
Dave ole buddy,
Wise man say, must first think with brain before using mouth.
biggrin.gif

------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in! This movie rules, and it must be released as a fully-loaded Special Edition DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon14.gif

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Ricky (and Warner),
Yes indeed! I would buy a copy of It released on DVD - make it anamorphic widescreen (preferably with as many supplements as possible) and you've got a sale here. Man, that clown gives you a serious case of the heebie-jeebies. The general consenus among horror/Stephen King fans is that this movie was well done - it deserves a release!
John

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Members,
Please, let's keep things civil, otherwise, I'll have to get involved further which isn't necessarily the best thing for anyone. Thank you.
Crawdaddy
------------------

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
All - I overreacted. I apologize. I won't delete my original post...if I do then others won't be able to figure out what the discussion is about.
His note wasn't "spam". Fair enough. It was still an interuption, and I was tired (had been up for ~17 hours) and of course upset after going through the Wonka stuff.
Robert Crawford (HTF Admin) contacted me to indicate that I need to handle this stuff privately next time. I agree. I will copy-and past some of my comments to him in my reply, so you know where I'm coming from:
As God is my witness, I searched high and low for a *private* way to reply to him with my comments. I did _NOT_ search long...less than 5 minutes. It was late...for me. Although only 9-9:30ish (Central), I had been up since 4AM, and was winding down to start heading toward bed. I asked myself "handle it now or wait until morning?". I thought about other people he might bug, and decided to do something immediately, the easiest way I could think of.
As to my methods, I take responsibility for that. However, my perhaps innappropriate actions were dictated by my ignorance of how your site works. There was PROBABLY a reply button right in front of my face that I missed entirely, as tired and irritated as I was. I probably should have waited until morning, but I decided to "slow him down" instead. I'll learn from my mistake.
I looked at his thread's first post and tried to find a button to send private e-mail to him; it wasn't available. I figured there is a preferences setting that keeps such a button from showing up if the user chooses, and he must have that preference set to hide the button. I figured I would go look for it the next day and keep from being pestered by junk like that going forward. It's junk like he sent which keeps me from using AOL Instant Messanger and the like. I'll go look for such preferences on the HTF site now, so I keep from getting hit in the future.
Anyway, I'm rambling. Defending my actions, although there's no real defense. I should have know better, and I'm sorry. I would have handled it different on, say, eBay (but then again, their FAQ covers what to do in that situation...if HTF's does then I missed it). If you have any more advice for me, let me know. Take it easy,

Yes, I have now used the FAQ and figured out how to turn off both the Private and Instant messages, so I won't be interupted in the future. I am sorry I didn't do this before Rick F sent me his note, since he didn't know I would view it as a negative thing. I didn't realize that HTF had these kinds of "features", being here for just a few days. I realize that there are those out there who enjoy getting the kind of note Rick F sent, and he was basing what he did on that. He couldn't have realized that I would NOT enjoy getting such a thing.
Some words for Rick: 1) your instant note didn't say what the petition was about 2) you *presumed* that my reply to one poll could be interpreted as desire to participate in others 3) you realized that you might be "disturbing me" based on your last sentence in your instant message. Maybe you should get to know your on-line aquaintances better before you decide to approach them with stuff like this.
Having said that, I will agree that I was the person who had the problem. Rick commented that he thought I was a nice person, based on the fact that I responded to his Breakfast Club poll. As you can see from my sig, I'm a big fan of the film. Perhaps I'll spend the day contemplating Allison's words.
As to whether THIS note should be sent privately...well, since I've already made a fool of myself in public then I figure I should reply/explain/apologize in public, too.
Have a nice day,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
"When you grow up, your heart dies."

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Although I didn't think "IT" was the best King adaption for TV, it was a very good one and I wouldn't mind seeing it on DVD.
Count me in. :)
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Vin

Supporting Actor
I've been a Stephen King fan for a long time....I'd love to see IT on DVD!
Vin
------------------

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Count me in as well. This would go perfectly with the rest of my Stephen King libarary.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I would love to have IT on DVD. I liked the movie alot and the book is my favorite King novel. That book actually gave me nightmares.
-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Todd_B

Second Unit
Oh how I have longed for this on disk.
I remember when this was originally aired and how much I loved it then. Now, how I wish I could enjoy it again as much.
Count me in on the purchase of this title.
Todd B
------------------
My Disks

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise makes this film worthy for release on DVD. I haven't seen IT since the mini-series was first aired but I still have images of the menacing Pennywise.
-Jerry

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
As a made for TV movie adaptation of King's work, this one's pretty decent.
Widescreen (if applicable to the original intended aspect ratio-- perhaps filmed with 1.78:1 HDTV in mind or wider), hopefully a new 5.1 mix (DTS?), and interviews with Steven King and the cast/crew. Uncut version.
And please don't let us down on Wonka too.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on August 07, 2001 at 09:06 AM]

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Count my vote for this title as well! Hopefully if they do release it, it wont be open matte like they did with Wonka!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks