1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Walmart Buys VUDU

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by mattCR, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/wal-mart-is-buying-vudu/

Well that certainly shakes things up.

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I have Vudu built into my Vizio TV, but I won't be using it now that the money's going to Wal-Mart. Already they've removed the adult movie section and haven't even replaced it with an equal number of 'clean' titles, they still have a few NC-17 rated movies so those will probably be gone soon as well. There's already enough reason to boycott Wal-Mart, but this might finally do it for me. It's like when Blockbuster took over a video store near me, and started taking movies they didn't like off the shelves.

3. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

I have a Vudu box and also have an LG Blu-ray player with Vudu and love it. Vudu is just so convenient and easy to use. The HDX quality is pretty close to Blu-ray and that's all I can stand to watch anymore. I have rented like 8 movies in the past month or so. I also have Netflix streaming but the quality can be lacking and you have to place movies in your queue first which I really hate doing. Netflix also doesn't have movies available right away like Vudu does. Vudu has traliers for most movies which is a great thing. I wish Amazon and Netflix did that directly from my Tivo or Blu-ray player. You pay for convenience and Vudu is #1 when it comes to that.