Walmart Buys VUDU

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by mattCR, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/wal-mart-is-buying-vudu/

Well that certainly shakes things up.

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I have Vudu built into my Vizio TV, but I won't be using it now that the money's going to Wal-Mart. Already they've removed the adult movie section and haven't even replaced it with an equal number of 'clean' titles, they still have a few NC-17 rated movies so those will probably be gone soon as well. There's already enough reason to boycott Wal-Mart, but this might finally do it for me. It's like when Blockbuster took over a video store near me, and started taking movies they didn't like off the shelves.

3. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

I have a Vudu box and also have an LG Blu-ray player with Vudu and love it. Vudu is just so convenient and easy to use. The HDX quality is pretty close to Blu-ray and that's all I can stand to watch anymore. I have rented like 8 movies in the past month or so. I also have Netflix streaming but the quality can be lacking and you have to place movies in your queue first which I really hate doing. Netflix also doesn't have movies available right away like Vudu does. Vudu has traliers for most movies which is a great thing. I wish Amazon and Netflix did that directly from my Tivo or Blu-ray player. You pay for convenience and Vudu is #1 when it comes to that.