What's new

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA--SEASON 4 VOL.2 (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i was hoping this would be completed as well. There may be hope because there is a movie in the process and maybe the final season will come out to help promote the new movie.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I've been sticking mostly to the other long thread about VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, but this one has legs too, so I thought I'd add a little tidbit here.

While I'm confident that someday, somehow, we'll see a VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, Season 4, Volume 2, it nevertheless has been a long time since the last release. Leaving just 13 episodes to go is so tantalizingly close to completion that I'm happy that 20th Home Video decided to do all of LAND OF THE GINATS at once. It was expensive, but at least it's complete.

Taking matters into my own hands, now that I'm settled into the new house, I've come across some old videotapes I made from the SciFi Channel back in the '90s when they were airing VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA in the mornings. I managed to capture six episodes of the remaining thirteen and have transferred them to DVD-R for my own amusement. This allowed me to edit out the ugly commercial breaks from that channel, leaving a fairly entertaining recording of the bulk of each episode that I had.

The timing of each worked out to around 46 minutes, and the entry in and out of breaks is sudden at best, so I can assume that the episodes are not *quite* all there. Then there's the matter of the 16mm prints that SciFi was running - they are at best watchable, but are ugly to say the least. Having the nicely remastered versions WHEN they arrive on DVD will be a treat.

Here are the title screens from each of the episodes I've rescued. You can get a small sample of just how bad these look:

Harry

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The Japanese Laser-Discs,with their mix of 16mm prints look better than these!

Originally Posted by Harry-N

I've been sticking mostly to the other long thread about VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, but this one has legs too, so I thought I'd add a little tidbit here.

While I'm confident that someday, somehow, we'll see a VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, Season 4, Volume 2, it nevertheless has been a long time since the last release. Leaving just 13 episodes to go is so tantalizingly close to completion that I'm happy that 20th Home Video decided to do all of LAND OF THE GINATS at once. It was expensive, but at least it's complete.

Taking matters into my own hands, now that I'm settled into the new house, I've come across some old videotapes I made from the SciFi Channel back in the '90s when they were airing VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA in the mornings. I managed to capture six episodes of the remaining thirteen and have transferred them to DVD-R for my own amusement. This allowed me to edit out the ugly commercial breaks from that channel, leaving a fairly entertaining recording of the bulk of each episode that I had.

The timing of each worked out to around 46 minutes, and the entry in and out of breaks is sudden at best, so I can assume that the episodes are not *quite* all there. Then there's the matter of the 16mm prints that SciFi was running - they are at best watchable, but are ugly to say the least. Having the nicely remastered versions WHEN they arrive on DVD will be a treat.

Here are the title screens from each of the episodes I've rescued. You can get a small sample of just how bad these look:

Harry
I have also taken matters into my own hands and found a complete set of all of the last 13 episodes, done by a private fan. All available for free as torrent files. The quality is fairly impressive, complete with Menus and background music. The quality is obviously not as good as studio made DVD's, but is entirely acceptable for the avid collector, I'd say, at least until the real ones are produced. (if ever).

Midnight Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to drop a line and say I got to meet David Hedison this weekend in Burbank CA at the Monsterpalooza show. He was very gracious and spoke with my wife and me for a few minuets. I told him I was becoming acquainted with Voyage for the first time thanks to the DVD’s. He looked surprised at first and then pretty happy to hear that.

The best part was when he posed for a picture with me; he was fascinated with my iPhone. He wanted to know all about how it worked and what it did, so I showed him. He was really nice and it was so great to meet him.

He had a lot of pictures for sale at his table, from James Bond and The Fly and of course Voyage. He had a great one of himself and Richard Basehart, which had Baseharts autograph, printed on it under his picture so that’s the one I got, it was his last one he said, and David autographed his side of the photo for me.

Monsterpalooza was a great event, if you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it. I also got meet and speak with Jonathan Winters and Rick Baker.

Here’s the website with info about this years show.

http://www.rubberroom101.com/monsterpalooza2010/

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Mike,

That sounds great. I guess one of the benefits of living in the Los Angeles area. You get to see celebrities more frequently. However, I only want to see the older actors.

Originally Posted by Nebiroth

Richard Villafana: any reason why you don't allow private messages?

It makes it hard to contact you :)

Please enable them. Or send a PM to me so I can reply...(if that works)
Lemme see why my private messages are disabled. I wasn't aware that they were disabled.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
They replied to mine saying

Code:
 Hello, Unfortunately, we do not have a release date for the last of The Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. Your email will be forwarded to the corporate office. Thank you, Fox Consumer

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
This afternoon, I called the FOX number that Mark Collins has been kind enough to post. My experience was better this time, than when I called it some months ago.

Today, I got a friendly, helpful young man, a vast improvement over the indifferent woman who took my previous call.

When I asked about the status of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA Season Four, Volume Two, he looked the item up and said that, since Season Four Volume One was released last year, he would expect that Volume Two would follow.

I mentioned that it has been just over a year since that last release, and that’s why I was calling – and is there someone to whom you could pass on the request.

He said that, yes he would do so – and I could hear him verbally reciting the request, as he keyed it into “something” and (hopefully) sent it “somewhere”.

I thanked him for that, and asked him one additional question unrelated to VOYAGE. He referred me to the Foxdrop e-mail address that has also been thrown around the VOYAGE threads.

My point is that, perhaps, we must EXPLICITLY ASK that our request for VOYAGE S4, V2 be forwarded for it to happen. If not, maybe the conversation simply ends with “It’s not out yet”, and the request goes no further.

If that is the case, maybe more of us should call again and explicitly ask that our requests be passed up the line. It couldn't hurt!

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
I think you just got the equivalent of "we forward your email to the corporate office".

However, it can certainly do no harm to call and explicity request S4V2 and to ask for your request to be passed up the line.

Of course, it could all mean nothing at all, but it does sound as tohugh they do have a mechanism in place to log such requests so that they are registered.

The more interest shown in the show and the release of the final half-season the better.

Just remember to be polite and reasonable, and don't do it repeatedly. If you do that you just come across as an obsessive nut and will be treated as a nuisance - and most likely get ignored.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Nebiroth

"I think you just got the equivalent of "we forward your email to the corporate office".

[COLOR= #ff0000]Perhaps so, Richard… but it’s far more than I got the last time. And, as you rightly point out... it can't hurt! [/COLOR]

"Just remember to be polite and reasonable, and don't do it repeatedly. If you do that you just come across as an obsessive nut and will be treated as a nuisance - and most likely get ignored."

[COLOR= #ff0000]Well said! Let’s go change some minds at FOX! [/COLOR]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks