VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA--SEASON 4 VOL.2

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by seaviewskipper, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Cinematographer

Mark

2. Mark Collins

Mark

3. Mark Collins

Mark

4. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny

Great Movie - even if it took a couple of liberites with the time-line. (He met Eva BEFORE not after his neice's Death. and there's no mention of a couple of the other woman in his life in the mid-1920's and early 1930's.)

As with other Historical/Biographical films on the same subject, there are some scenes that come across similar to ones in Pararmount's "The Hitler Gang" and The British "After Mine Kamf" (sp)

But overall, I'd say this is my favorite pre-Voyage Basehart, and on of my favorite Alied Artists films.

5. Mark Collins

Mark

6. Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1 Second Unit

Mark Collins Before getting to my point, I want you to know how much I appreciate your enthusiasm and assistance toward the group effort to get VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA Season Four Volume Two released and, at last, complete the series. I’m right there with you on publishing the proper telephone numbers and e-mail addresses to contact FOX and make this happen. And I want you to know that this is not a case of “being negative for the sake of being negative” – as is so prevalent on message boards. But, I’m curious… If representatives of FOX were to read a thread titled “VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA Season Four Volume Two”… and read all the comments about buys on E-Bay, books, models and such – how does that communicate our message on the subject of DVDs? Personally, I’ve begun to doubt that any representative of FOX has read these threads – this one in particular. Oh, I do not doubt the words of the Owners and Moderators of this wonderful site. I both trust them and respect their efforts in every way. I’d have figured that, by now, there would be SOME sort of official recognition of our requests on the part of FOX in this forum – even if it was something that may not please us. But, continuing on the assumption that FOX will read this thread at some point, if they haven’t already, wouldn’t it seem wiser for us to focus on pressing our DVD requests – and get others to join in? My suggestion would be to refrain from posting all things not related to VOYAGE DVDs (which, we should assume, is all that would interest FOX) to this “Season Four Volume Two” thread. Other topics (and they ARE worthy topics) might be better served in the “Classic VOYAGE thread”, where FOX may not care to slog through all 117741 posts – but we dedicated ones would. And, if anyone from FOX is reading my words, please consider releasing a set of those final 13 episodes of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA – in the standard DVD format of the previous volumes, offering it as a MOD item, or licensing it to another provider. We’re too close to quit now! Thank you!

7. Nebiroth

Nebiroth Supporting Actor

Yes, I agree. A thread specifically dedicated and titled like this one should only discuss that. As you say, posts about all things Voyage are good to read but should really be put in the more general thread.

I also add my voice to Joe's, PLEASE Fox release that final half season...

As you announce releases generally three or four months ahead, that means nothing until at least August or more likely September, so we're looking at a ANOTHER horrible 17+ month gap.

Even an assurance you've not abandoned the release would help a lot.

8. Mark Collins

Mark

9. Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1 Second Unit

Oh, Mark... nothing was meant other than a suggestion that we focus this thread on DVD maters for the benefit of anyone from FOX who might be reading! Keep on posting. Your enthusiasm and your helpful suggestions are enjoyed and (hopefully) infectious! Free the missing 13! Or, to paraphrase the catchphrase from the old “INVADERS” thread… “Let Them Surface!”

10. Nebiroth

Looks like we can forget it - September's DVD release will be GLEE.

In other words something they can quickly shove out on the BluRay bandwagon.

11. Mark Collins

Mark

12. Mark Collins

Mark

13. Mark Collins

Mark

14. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    Perhaps someone should print out this entire thread and send it to the VP of home video at FOX?

15. kingfish

kingfish Screenwriter

June is here and no news of the final 13 episodes of voyage.

16. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny

did anyone expect there would be news?

17. JamesC1

JamesC1 Agent

We should hear something any day now. I think we have waited long enough for this, it’s getting tiresome now.

18. Nebiroth

IF there is to be any release I would expect it to be October/November time. The summer months tend to be a real dead zone for DVD releases (yes, I know that Voyage used to get one in June when it was getting releases every four months!) whilst autumn is when they tend to pick up again. Also a lot depends on the Halloween/Christmas competition (they won;t go for th elatter market certainly).

Generally we hear about Fox stuff thre emonths in advance, last time we did hear four complete months in advance but that was exceptional.

If there is any news it would be mor elikely be July/August.

If there is any release at all.

WHich is looking increasingly unlikely.

Sigh.

19. Nebiroth

Code:
     Hello, We do not have a release date for SSN. 4 Vol.2 to be available anytime. This is all the information we have for this title. Thank you, Fox Consumer 

sigh

20. kingfish

kingfish Screenwriter

July is here so lets cross our fingers and toes for some news.