What's new

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA--SEASON 4 VOL.2 (1 Viewer)

seaviewskipper

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Puha
Well folks, I hate to be a pessimist, but I have the feeling that we may never see the last 13 episodes of VOYAGE on FOX DVD. It's been almost a year since the release of Season 4 vol.1 and I haven't heard anything about the release of vol.2.
If anyone has any release information please post it here. Thanks very much.
Cpt. Lee Crane

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Hello Captain,

The previous VTBS thread had over a thousand posts. Everything related to this issue was posted. No one knows when or if it will be out. I think it will eventually, the studio knows it has been aggressively requested by a large number of fans. However, Captain Crane, you should know better than us. P.S. You still haven't made admiral over 35 years later.......?

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the title of this thread.

What a disappointment.

You might have at least put a question mark over it.

As to the topic, my optimism that we'll ever see the last volume dimishes daily.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And I'll reiterate what I said earlier that Voyage fans I think need to for now just appreciate the 90% that's available for them and not tear their hair out over these last dozen episodes. Indeed, I think that's the one drawback of this hobby that we can sometimes get all antsy over what isn't released etc. that we may lose sight of how to appreciate what we already have!

seaviewskipper

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Puha
HaHaHa! No, I never wanted to be an admiral. If I were I'm sure they'd stick me behind a desk and I'd never be able to command the upcoming SEAVIEW II. It actually hasn't been 35 years for me, since we spent quite a while trapped in the past because of Mr. Pem's deviltry. We just recently returned. Admiral Nelson agreed with the Secretary of the Navy that the incident details should remain Top Secret until we determine if time travel can be safely controlled.
Cpt. Crane

seaviewskipper

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Puha
I'm sorry, but I feel that you're thinking is wrong-headed here. Firstly, fans of VOYAGE had to wait much too long for ANY of the episodes to come out while a lot of TV trash was released. Secondly, 20th Century Fox-Paramount demonstrated their greed once again by releasing the episodes in half-season increments which forced us to pay double the amount. To make matters worse they put the episodes on double-sided discs which cannot be handled without fingerprints and some scratching. Check all of the negative comments about this on Amazon's VOYAGE pages.
Lastly, collectors of anything do not like incomplete sets. It's simply inconsiderate of 20th Century Fox-Paramount to keep us waiting a whole year since the last release without any assurance that the final 13 episodes will be released. Shame on them!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
My point is simply whether or not we should spend more time enjoying what we have and not letting the fact that 13 episodes aren't out keep us from enjoying our favorites from the 97 that are out. It's something I'm trying to come to terms with in light of how a lot of other favorite titles of mine have been abandoned with far less of their run out on DVD.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I'm sorry, but I feel that you're thinking is wrong-headed here. Firstly, fans of VOYAGE had to wait much too long for ANY of the episodes to come out while a lot of TV trash was released. Secondly, 20th Century Fox-Paramount demonstrated their greed once again by releasing the episodes in half-season increments which forced us to pay double the amount. To make matters worse they put the episodes on double-sided discs which cannot be handled without fingerprints and some scratching. Check all of the negative comments about this on Amazon's VOYAGE pages.
Lastly, collectors of anything do not like incomplete sets. It's simply inconsiderate of 20th Century Fox-Paramount to keep us waiting a whole year since the last release without any assurance that the final 13 episodes will be released. Shame on them!

I feel this is right on. Loyal fans get no respect. Too many studios seem to care a less what fans want. They really are so ignorant. They won't tell fans anything and do nothing to endear them to consumers. Many businesses care about customer satisfaction but studios don't seem to be one of them. Interesting...everything is a big secret, like it is plans for a nuclear submarine.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Look, I'm as irritated by the lack of progress on the last 13 episodes as anyone else is, but all I'm saying is that there has to come a point when you should try to take a step back from all that and just try to enjoy what one has. I'd much rather have fun watching one of the other 97 episodes (all of which is where the good episodes come from IMO) then spend more time angry at Fox, especially when there are abandoned series with far *less* of their run out percentage wise compared to Voyage for me to be more ticked off about (Dragnet, Big Valley etc.)

seaviewskipper

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Puha
I understand what you're saying Jack and I sympathize. I'm certain there are a lot of your favorite shows that suffer from incomplete DVD releases and some that have still not been released. I think we're all in the same boat, or sub.
I just feel that if we protest as well as we can and don't easily accept this situation the studios might be more considerate of our needs and desires. Unfortunately, we're getting older now and the studios increasingly seem to be driven by the wants of younger fans.
Lee Crane

seaviewskipper

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Puha
I understand what you're saying Jack and I sympathize. I'm certain there are a lot of your favorite shows that suffer from incomplete DVD releases and some that have still not been released. I think we're all in the same boat, or sub.
I just feel that if we protest as well as we can and don't easily accept this situation the studios might be more considerate of our needs and desires. Unfortunately, we're getting older now and the studios increasingly seem to be driven by the wants of younger fans.
Lee Crane

JamesC1

Agent
Real Name
James Caton
Hopefully we will hear something in May for a September 2010 release.

We did have to wait about 17 months between Season 3, Vol 2 to Season 4 Vol 1.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Incredible to think that it might take them three years to release the last season, when it was made and transmitted in one! And that we got the previous three years worth of the show in about half that time.

Assuming we ever get S4V2 at all.

Never mind, I guess they can always rechurn Buff or Angel or the X-Files. Sigh.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
To the Owners and Moderators of this fine forum:

It is now one year since the release of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA Season Four Volume One… and, as yet, there is no news on the status of Season Four Volume Two.

If you are working in any sort of relationship with FOX, as previous postings appeared to indicate, could someone at HTF please communicate to FOX our desire to see the release of the final 13 episodes of the series – and relay back to us any information that FOX may wish to share.

If the DVD business model has changed significantly in the past year – and a “standard” release is no longer workable, FOX may wish to consider completing VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA on either a “MOD” basis, or licensing out the final volume to another provider. There must be a way this can be accomplished, as we are so close to completion.

Thank you for your time and all the great things this forum has accomplished.

Joe Torcivia

cardinalmark

Agent
Real Name
Mark Collins
We all want this series's final 13 shows!! So will 20th century fox get off of there butts and get this series done!!!

JamesC1

Agent
Real Name
James Caton
Its very frustrating waiting for these final 13 episodes, it does seem to be taking a very long time to get this series done. Hopefully by the end of the year the series should be all completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks