What's new

V for Vendetta: August 1, 2006! single and 2 disc set! (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have edited my remarks.. sorry if I gave away the ending.

Jacob

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I already have the V mask that was given away at ComiCon last year, but if the gift set has a better quality one, I'll get that. Otherwise, I'll save some shelf space and get the regular 2-disc. My local comic book shop has the official prop reproduction, but I can't justify $200 for it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Pre-ordered the 2-disc from Amazon awhile back (cheapest price on the Internet, apparently) with a bunch of other stuff, but it won't get here until around the second week of August (thus speaketh the "Anticipated Delivery Date" pronunciamento).

Caught this one in the theaters back in March, and it's one of the best of the year thus far.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Just watched the first disc - the image and sound quality are terrific.

It's so nice to see a complementing, filmlike transfer for Adrian Biddle's final film! I really enjoyed the cinematography.

And, god, the film was even better on second viewing... although the first half dragged more... the second half is such a stunner, especially with that heart-wrenching twist in the middle of the film. Never in a million years would I guess that V for Vendetta would be a movie that made me cry!

The featurette on the first disc is passable. I'll take a look at disc two tomorrow. Boy, I wish there was a commentary track, though.

Is there any indication that Warner will double-dip on this one? An extended cut of any type? The version on this DVD is probably the director's cut, but, in lieu of the impossibility of sequels, I do wish I could see more footage.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
f_20060723_vendetta_ff6600.jpg

Does Best Buy's set include a miniture mask or a full sized one?

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator

I'm wondering the same on that. The one Target has is the comic book the one that is like 20 bucks at the book stores?

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
According to people that have personally seen the boxset it's a mini one. It's basically the size it's shown in the picture, smaller than a DVD case. So it won't fit on an adult's face. But it still looks pretty dang cool.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Not if it's 64 pages. I'm wondering if DC/Vertigo put together a comic book adaptation of the movie. Otherwise, it would have to be bits and pieces of the original Vertigo series (the one that's collected in that $20 trade paperback).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I just saw it, and, I'm declaring it the best film of the year, trumping A Scanner Darkly and Superman Returns. (Though the film it reminded me most of was Gattaca).

The Wechowski brothers (spelling?) have also redeemed themselves in my eyes for the mess that was Matrix II & III. V has a story with a beginning, middle, and end.

I could see this film being shown in classrooms instead of 1984. Every American who isn't old enough to remember WWII needs to see this film. It may be fiction but it makes no bones about being relevant.

Wow.

Also, it is not a louder-than-the-next-film action fest. It has plenty of quiet. I can't recommend it enough.

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
sorry i don't have this.i stole this pic from another message board.does that make me a criminal?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my guess is if you put a regular old dvd case in front of this, then this will be what the size of the mask is.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
It is not full size. I saw it when we received our copies this past week. I was all excited and then I opened up one of the box covers and saw that it's just a miniature mask, so I won't be getting the exclusive box set.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
The Target "exclusive" does include the 2 disc set, right? That's probably the one I'll get (since it's the same price as Best Buy's 2 discer).

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
Then again the Best Buy exclusive might be worth something :D. But I may just stick with getting the one at Target.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I wasn't planning to run around town wearing the freaking mask, so the fact that it's miniature is not very upsetting. Might be nice to mount somewhere on the wall in the home theater room.

As for the included comic, if it's 60-something pages it's definately not the full comic, and even if it is it's probably printed on the cheaper paper that the soft-cover version of the comic is. I can't stand the print quality of that version of the comic and much prefer the quality and paper used in the hardcover version. The colors all seem off and the overall image "blurred" in the softcover version.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I now wonder if the comic is full sized, or a small version that will fit inside a DVD case, I think they did that with some other "comic book movies" (Spiderman, Batman)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks