What's new

V for Vendetta: August 1, 2006! single and 2 disc set! (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Whaaa?

I just checked and it is the same 2 disc set as everywhere, it is not a Walmart exclusive. Not that you said it was (but the implication of the possibility was there).

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Wal-Mart is advertising an exclusive bonus disc, packaged in a separate keepcase side by side (shrinkwrapped) with the movie. From what I can tell on Wal-Mart's Web site, they're only packaging the bonus disc with the single-disc version of "V for Vendetta."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Hmmm...was just in there this morning, and glimpsed a new V for Vendetta display right out front by the checkouts as I was leaving, but the "bonus DVD" shrinkwrapped with the 1-disc version was, in fact, The Animatrix.

This could vary from region to region, though.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i saw this also at walmart.
btw i thought the "authentic" mask was too small and not very interesting

and what makes this authentic?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I just went to Futureshop and picked up my 2 disc set. I wasn't going to get this at all, waiting for the inevitable pricedrop a few months down the line, but then my coworker walked in and showed me the beautiful metal DVD case that comes as an extra - exclusive to Futureshop.

It has the same artwork and text as the cardboard slipcase, but has a nice metal finish. Muted gold bordering the front. The inside is a semi-translucent plastic, where you can see masked figures underneath (printed onto the inside of the metal case I assume). The spine is also neat - it is plastic, but not cheap-looking. The metal case surrounds this plastic spine, making it look like you have another DVD case inside it.

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
I got my copy from Best Buy in Canada, and we got a lenticular cover in addition to the comic book. Pretty cool.... Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Ah crap - the nice shiny case has all this ugly French lettering all over it, right beside the English ones. ARRRRRGGH.

Joe, did you lenticular cover have French on it too?

Maybe I should have waited for the DVD to hit the bargain bin instead. Grrrrr.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Target sold the 2-disc edition with the lenticular cover and the comic book (1st two issues of the series). I don't ever buy store exclusives, but the lenticular cover is very nice.

BTW, Natalie Portman's SNL skit is an easter egg on disc 2.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Joseph, thanks for the support-group like assurance. :)

The metal case is VERY nice despite the bilingual text. I may use it to store the inevitable hidef version.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

The "Natalie Raps" digital short? I hope it also makes it to the HD DVD (if Warner Brothers ever releases the thing. Day and date new releases my ass!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks