What's new

Upgraded: Floorstanding & Center Suggestions for $5,000 or less (1 Viewer)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
martin logan, whatever $5000 will get you. however, since you have stated before that you're receiver hisses while playing, i think you should get a pre-pro/amp combo, something like the outlaw 950/770 combo and then a 7.1 rocket system. that would be sweet, especially in ebony. but that's just me.

eric

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
Eric im getting a subwoofer in a month, and a pre-pro/amp about 4-7 months either outlaw 950/1770 or B&K Ref 50/200.7

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
with my new budget limit this is what i've been considering so far, although havent listened to them but im tryin to make a list before i go on a trek...

KEF 201 and 202 C
B&W Nautilus 804 and HTM1
B&W Nautilus 803 and HTM2

i wish i could afford the 803 with the HTM1 but its just to up there, that HTM2, im suprised a center that much has 1 midbass and a tweeter, it just bewilders me alittle bit, its small, its not heavy, its got low power handling, could this be overpriced?

i could get the 802's and use my Athena Center :D

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
whats goin on here with this B&W DM604 S3 and the CM 4? by looking at the price and the drivers why would someone choose the CM 4 over the DM604?

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
does anybody else share the same annoying itch to want to get speakers that are atleast 9" wide and atleast over 40" tall? The perfect speaker i always pictured in my head when i first started savin up was a speaker shaped like teh JBL Northridge E100. about 12" wide and 50" tall, two 10" subs, one 10" midrange and the tweeter at the top, that in my opinion is the coolest looking speaker, of course with little Spikes at the bottom for stands like on the Athena AS-F2s, not that looks are what im going by for new speakers but i sure do wish alot more speakers were bigger then 8" wide. :)

These are now the ideas im toying with.

B&W Nautilus 804 and HTM1
B&W Nautilus 803 and HTM1
Monitor Audio GR60s and GR Center
Onix Ref 2's and Ref 100 Center

i heard Vienna Acoustics at Tweeter and wasnt diggin it to much so that's out, startin to seem like i dont got many choices?

What about those Enormous speakers from GR???? they seem pretty cheap for something like those, how do those sound?

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
no one can come up with anything else in this price range?

those $5,000/pair Definitive speakers, back in the day i figured those would be the speakers to get for there price but now not so sure, no one in my area sells, gonna have to take a trip downtown.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks