1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated HT, changed to front projection (pics)

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by David Werner, Oct 28, 2003.

1. David Werner

David Werner Stunt Coordinator

Finally transitioned from direct view to front projection. We are very happy with the results. Able to control most all ambient light with some 1" foam that can be inserted between the window and blinds, works great and a whole heck of alot cheaper than blackout/privacy blinds. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. [​IMG]
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28614.html

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Very nice! What's the projector?

3. David Werner

Philip- It's a Sharp DT200, picked it up on UBID. It works great and we just got a Denon 1600 DVD player so I'm hoping the picture quality is that much better with progressive vs. interlaced. Say, did you move to Virginia? Thought your tag used to say ND?

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    The Denon 1600 is a sweet dvd player (I wish I had one) and will be a great match for your dt200. Congratulations.

5. David Werner

Man, the Denon is a great player. I was a bit hesitant with the optical only digital out, picked up a glass optical cable and the sound quality is great. The picture is much improved. I'll post some updated pics soon.