What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2? (2 Viewers)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
It's not looking good. Stay tuned.
It's almost unconscionable that this isn't even in the works, let alone not coming out this year. I hate to jump the gun, but the 1st Season set was soooooo good that I really want them to do season 2!
Come on Artisan! Release season 2! Season 1 was great work! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
If there's any television show that ever needed all episodes to feel complete, Twin Peaks would be it. I can't imagine having never seen the show, bought Season 1, then being left hanging by Artisan to not finish the job.
I swear I read somewhere that Season 1 sold, in fact, better than Artisan expected. If that's the case, I really don't understand why the hold-up.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
My roommate last year bought the Region 0 pilot and we got hooked on it. Then he got season one for christmas and I became totally immersed in the show. Even though the killer's identity was spoiled for me by of all things a simpsons episode guide, I'm still dying to see season 2 as I never watched the show when it was on TV.I borrowed the discs from my now former roommate and am again totally hooked on them. I'm this close to buying them on VHS just so I can watch the rest of the show. If season two isn't coming out to the US on DVD, I think that might justify my purchasing of a region free player. Keep us informed of any news.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Keep us posted, Dave. I need to know whether to pick up the season 2 LD box sets :)

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator
It's not looking good.
*screams to the heavens*

I've been torturing friends, not allowing us to watch the entire Twin Peaks series again until S2 has a firm release date. There's no way I'm even watching those damned EP-mode official VHS tapes again.

This used to be a yearly event we had going.... Grrr. Artisan is not my favorite company right now.

Sigh. Scrounging for those LDs won't be fun. At least I can burn them to DVD-Rs.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
It just seems so obvious that season 2 should be out by now--or out shortly--that I think Artisan should come forward with some kind of explanation.

ShaunS

Stunt Coordinator
What's the chance Lynch would take over the project and do it himself like he did Eraserhead? While I'm sure the price would be high (God knows what he would charge us for shipping!), it would no doubt be at least the same quality as the first season.

ShaunS

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I highly doubt that Lynch could do it himself due to distribution rights. For the time being, I'll probably get a hold of the LD boxes that I need (already have #4 so only need 2 and 3), and wait for reviews of the non-domestic season 2 releases scheduled for later this year.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I finally sold my EP-speed VHS collection after I got Seaon One on DVD, figuring that no company would be so obtuse as to release a "Season One" without coming up with a "Season Two." Now I'm remembering that I'm dealing with Artisan, the company that re-releases widescreen movies in pan-and-scan (in the case of Mountains of the Moon and Trees Lounge) and has a catalog that seems to consist mainly of old TV-movies.

Actually, the EP-speed tapes were so washed-out, soft and blurry as to render them pretty unwatchable. I tried and it was dreadful. Hopefully, Bravo will be showing this again and I can dub them myself.

Has anyone contacted Mark Rance at Three-Legged Cat Productions -- who put together the Season One box-set -- to see if work has actually been done on Season Two?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'm to the point where I'm willing to watch a highly inferior edition of the show(in terms of audio video quality that is) just so I can finally see what I'm missing in Season 2 and in FWWM(which I'm told ruins the rest of the series if you watch it before hand). I'm almost wishing I hadn't borrowed the dvds from my buddy as my obsesion with the show had quietly subsided after all these months. Now that desire to see the rest is stronger than it ever was. Sadly I missed out when they were being aired on Bravo, but if they're going to be reaired soon, that just might give me reason enough to get a Tivo :D
It'd make a nice graduation present if season 2 was out by May 17th or even announced by then. I'm not too hopeful though :frowning:

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I believe I'm right in thinking that the UK Season 1 box has the "US" Pilot in, aren't I? While I'd be tempted to import for the usual NTSC/PAL differences, getting the pilot is sufficiently vital that I wouldn't bother without it.
You are right, and the video/audio quality of the pilot on the UK DVD is very good, though slightly inferior to the rest of the series. All other specs are the same I think, except the UK version does not have a DTS track

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know how to contact Automat, but I remember someone saying that Mark Rance and Three Legged Cat Prods. were at last year's "Twin Peaks" festival interviewing people, and that the extras on the Season 2 set (or at least the first part of it) would focus on the cultural impact of the show during its initial run on through the present day.
Maybe someone who's a member of DavidLynch.com can ask David himself to see if he's had any participation in doing new transfers/remixes of Season 2, as from what I can tell, he's in his chatroom fairly regularly when his schedule permits.
If Artisan doesn't release the rest of the series, I'm going to be beyond pissed. :angry:

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
You know, not releasing season 2 after season 1 was released on DVD would be like George Lucas deciding not to do anymore Star Wars films after ESB...

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Michael,

You're completely right-- for some reason I thought it was Automat, but it is Mark Rance and Three-Legged Cat. I'm editing my original post to reflect that. My bad (just checked the DVDs myself to make sure!)

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting to watch FWWM ever since it came out but didn't want to ruin anything. Then a couple weeks ago a friend of mine was talking to me about the show and told me who killed Laura Palmer. SO i was going to watch FWWM but then thought what if he was lying to me. I'm so confused. Somebody help me!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Season 2 - I live in New Zealand. We finally get season 1 next month (April 2003) - although the disc was released in Australia in January.

The strange thing is, I get an DVD Info e-mail from Whitcoulls, the largest DVD supplier in NZ. They list TPs1 for April release, and I know this is correct. They also list TPs2 for a May release, which I really doubt, especially as I have seen no other reference to a r4 release of s2. But I inquired, and was told that the distributors confirm that s2 is out in May, which would be VERY early given its absence in r1 and the late release of s1. But apparently the distributor has confirmed it.

Curious.

JanHog

Auditioning
In Sweden the hole season 2 is announced to be released on September 10th by Paramount. The box will contain 22 episodes spread out on 6 discs. No extras is announced.
Swedish source: dvdforum.nu
So, for that reason I hope it will be out on R1 as well...I want my DTS track :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's not happening this year. No reason was given. Here is the word. I e-mailed and phoned trying to get more info, but that's all there is.
Matt, thanks for alerting me to this and for your succinct description of the situation. I thought it wise not to mention your name in the news item, because as your HTF nametag points out, there's the confusion factor with the South Park guy. But my sincere thanks for passing the news on.
If you're wondering about the structure of the news post, those are my words until the bottom, which is why Gord "breaks in". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks