What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2? (2 Viewers)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nope. If someone knew ANYthing, it would be splashed all over these pages! :D
Dugpa.com stated yesterday that "As far as a US release, my gut instincts tells me we will hear something in the coming months. Artisan is keeping very tight lipped about the release and all they have said is that it is still in talks." This seems to echo what Gord and I published 3 months ago! Ah, well...they say no news is good news. :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The waiting pissed me off so much that I've started picking up the S2 LD sets. A little pricey, but pretty good quality for older LDs.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I really wish someone other than Artisan was handling this release, since their timeframe for getting stuff out seems to be pretty spotty at best. Been more than a year since season one, and you'd think that they'd want to get it out there before interest waned. At this point though, all I can really hope for is that S2 gets released in one big box all at once, rather than have to drag it out for another year and a half waiting for the second half of the season.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
What concerns me more about Artisan is their poor track record for quality. However, given their splendid rendition of Season 1, I'm hopeful that they will keep that up for Season 2.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
There was a post on alt.movies.david-lynch today that says a source within Artisan has confirmed that Artisan has no plans to release Season 2.
This really sucks major ass. We need to start a petition or something.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
I take anything read on usenet with a grain of salt; however, I'll plan on preordering the Region 2 set as soon as it's available - just in case this is true.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If and when season two does arrive, I hope it coincides with a substantial price drop on season one. I will not be buying any Twin Peaks at 2 to 3 times what other shows are going for.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
If and when season two does arrive, I hope it coincides with a substantial price drop on season one. I will not be buying any Twin Peaks at 2 to 3 times what other shows are going for.
I believe there has already been a price drop from $59.95 to $39.95. DeepDiscountDVD currently has the set for $21.27 shipped. This is about 3 bucks per episode, which ain't too bad given all the quality and the extras.

DJ

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Hmm, that pricing hasn't made its way up to Canada, where the first set is still $85.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Same here...but considering we haven't heard anything from Artisan for over a year, I'm starting to feel that we'll never see season 2.
Me too. I think Paramount is handling European releases of Twin Peaks, so at least they may be more reliable.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Amen to that.

...and since Paramount has the R1 rights to the Pilot, hopefully we'll see a nice release of that sometime in the future.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
What is artisan smoking? Am I missing something here, or didn't Season 1 sell a whole lot of copies? This is exactly what I've been worried about with TV on DVD all along. I really hope that this isn't true...

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I believe I'm right in thinking that the UK Season 1 box has the "US" Pilot in, aren't I? While I'd be tempted to import for the usual NTSC/PAL differences, getting the pilot is sufficiently vital that I wouldn't bother without it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've gotten a few e-mails about this yesterday, and I'm looking into it. Let you know as soon as I hear something.

Keep in mind that this is EXACTLY like the rumor over this release that was spread last November, when I was told that the release was 'still in the talks' after asking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks