What's new

Twilight Time September/October 2012 Releases (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I know there are many fans out there for Enemy Mine. Other than that, I continue to be mystified as to how Twilight Time chooses its titles.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Wasn't Olive going to release Twilight's Last Gleaming this summer? What's happened to that?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
57acdb3f_582171_468031413215530_322038716_n.jpeg

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I like the cover for Steel Magnolias. It's got a nice minimalistic flair and it's in the spirit of the original poster.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Richard V said:
Wasn't Olive going to release Twilight's Last Gleaming this summer? What's happened to that?
Bueller, Bueller? Anyone?
On Edit: nevermind, found my answer in another thread. :D

TheVid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Vidmar
A Southern double feature; but yuck, STEEL MAGNOLIAS is the first Twilight Time blu-ray I'll buy that I won't really care about watching, although I'm sure I have friends that will be happy to watch it again on blu-ray.
I can't wait for THE SOUND AND THE FURY - Faulkner and Alex North go so well together - and I'm expecting my German blu-ray of THE LONG HOT SUMMER pretty soon to replace MAGNOLIAS for my own personal double bill.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I tried to pre-order The Sound And The Fury at Screen Archives but I couldn't find it on their website.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robin9 said:
I tried to pre-order The Sound And The Fury at Screen Archives but I couldn't find it on their website.
Screen Archives doesn't usually open up the Pre-Orders until about four weeks before release. We haven't reached that point for these titles.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
Bryan^H said:
I don't mean to come across as sexist in any way, and perhaps I'm just unaware of the Blu-Ray buying demographic. Going on personal experience, most females I know my age, and older either "can't see the difference" between Blu, and dvd or really don't care about the format much and would be satisfied with a dvd copy.
In my opinion The Blu-Ray format is a mostly male driven hobby.
The fact that a major studio will license one of the most popular "chick flicks"(oh, lets face it this film is THEE chick flick) to Twilight Time in a way confirms my thinking. 3,000 copies across the country doesn't go far.
Again, I apologize to any girl that supports the Blu-Ray format, and more power to you. This is entirely my opinion on the general consumer scale.
Ah, but you're forgetting gay males, and they cling to STEEL MAGNOLIAS like mother's milk, and many of them are into Blu-ray. Stereotype? Sure, but I'm gay and like STEEL MAGNOLIAS and all of my gay friends have most of the film memorized.
I think it was not the best move to license it rather than release it themselves with possibly more bonus features. I'm going to preorder it as soon as it is up for preorder as I can see it being a quick sellout.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
STEEL MAGNOLIAS should sell about as well or a little better than AS GOOD AS IT GETS did. Mostly the same demographics for both titles.

The SOUND AND THE FURY, can't wait to pre-order that one. Nothing like good old southern Gothic culture based on William Faulkner novels, even loosely.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
This may be good for its own thread, but, having seen it on Facebook...end of the year releases (the last of which suggests that TT is reading the DVD forum quite diligently :))...
THE RAINS OF RANCHIPUR (1955) BLU-RAY - Nov 13th
BONJOUR TRISTESSE (1958) BLU-RAY - Nov 13th
BELOVED INFIDEL (1959) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th
THE BLUE LAGOON (1980) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th
LOST HORIZON (1973) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
As stated above,THE SOUND AND THE FURY is now available for pre-order at Screen Archives.I have ordered mine with a few others I was waiting to grab in the same parcel (eg. THE WAYWARD BUS). I think it contains one of North's best scores and that's saying a lot.I can recommend the liner notes in the Varese soundtrack. I like the Twilight Time cover art ,although it has a definite GONE WITH THE WIND look to it.( Apart from being set in the South, the two movies have little or nothing in common......) A collector's item for those who wish to see Yul Brynner with hair (ie. a wig), which didn't happen very often. This movie and SOLOMON AND SHEBA are the only ones I can recall.

TheVid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Vidmar
I see THE SOUND AND THE FURY has a DTS-HD 2.0 soundtrack listed, so I hope that means a matrixed stereo score for the movie (along with the stereo music tracks). I'm running on the assumption that this a 4-track movie with a down conversion for pro-logic like THE ROOTS OF HEAVEN.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Night of the Living Dead bluray extras.
"Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Filmmaker Tom Savini / Original Theatrical Trailer"
a65a2cf8_387025_478996028785735_1320582083_n.jpeg

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Lord Dalek said:
EDIT: never mind its the remake who cares about that.
I do. I prefer it over the original. Can't say that about a lot of remakes but this is one case where the remake is more "dynamic" IMO.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Enemy Mine and Night of the LIving Dead (1990) just went up for pre-order.
I ordered NIght of the Living Dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks