What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

TV Shows coming to DVD in 2005?? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm...

I'll be getting

Adventures of Superman
Brady Bunch
Dick Cavett show
Family Ties
Huckleberry Hound
Night Court
Partridge Family
Six Million dollar man
Star Trek animated series
Woody Woodpecker
Yogi Bear

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I'm looking forward to getting:

Doogie Howser
Leave it to Beaver
Newsradio

Now if we could add in:

Mr. Belvedere

The Wonder Years...with original music (I know, fat chance, but look how well Freaks & Geeks did- they need to get a clue)

The Fugitive

more seasons of...

Dallas
Seinfeld
Andy Griffith

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
From that list, there's only one definite for me (The Cosby Show), one "probably" (Fresh Prince), and one "maybe" (Mr. Magoo).

Continuing sets, I'm definitely get any Simpsons or Survivor sets.

Steve_P

Grip
I am anxiously awaiting a date announcement for Woody Woodpecker (both the original Lantz shorts and the new series from six years ago - yes, I really do love that show that Fox aired).

I would also like to see both Simpsons seasons 6 and 7 and at least three King of the Hill seasons on DVD in this year ahead of us.

Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends season 3 and Seinfeld season 4 are also high on my list.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the following DVD hopefuls...

Tiny Toon Adventures
Animaniacs
Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM version - the only good Sonic cartoon)

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for compiling the list.
Out of that list it's 13 new shows to add to my existing collection:

CSI:NY
Charmed
Deadwood
Dharma & Greg (maybe)
Joan of Arcadia
Las Vegas
Lone Gunmen
Lost
MacGywer
Miami Vice
Moonlightning (maybe)
Scrubs
Wonderfalls

Fortunatly almost half of them comes out in Jan/Feb so I've got those purchases already planned until March. Also five of "my" shows are pretty much guaranteed just one release this year (because they're very new or there was just one season), so it's manageable! :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I might have to do some fine-tuning on that article, guys. It was pointed out to me that I left off the Marvel Superheroes entry that Disney's bringing in mid-05. Also, Moonlighting should technically not be on the list, because it HAS been represented on DVD before. Just the pilot ep, mind you, but it still isn't a "new to DVD" series.

Daryl Stovall: "It Takes A Thief" was one of the properties mentioned on the back pages in the "Uni-brochure", which received coverage here (scroll down a bit until you see the collages). It's one of the "we're less sure of" titles, but other things in those two collages (Kojak and Beaver notably) are for-sure coming in 2005, so there's no reason to think the rest aren't also planned. Only time will tell! In the meantime, take it with a grain of salt; no promises from me, as I've repeated over and over again.

Hi!!

Well..... i see no news yet of any Irwin Allen tv series apart from Lost in Space Season 3, being released in 2.005.

So sad....

:frowning:

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
In terms of continuing series, for starters I'm hoping to have seasons 6 and 7 of the Simpsons by this time next year. In addition, if Columbia TriStar continues with their starting method, I'm hoping to have seasons 4-7 of Seinfeld (Two volumes per release date).

With the possibility of more Superman, Batman, and Brak animated shows after their fast approaching upcomming releases, that will round out my wish list for continuing series.

I'd love to see X-Men, Spider-Man, and Justice League season sets released. Amazing Stories, Wonder Years, and Are you Afraid of the Dark are also on my wishlist.

I'll definately pick up Harvey Birdman, and maybe even try out the Alfred Hitchcock shows when they hit the streets.

How should my year be looking David? (besides expensive)

Karl M

Auditioning
Great list, but here are some shows I'd like to see on DVD. Laugh all you want, but I grew up with alot of these shows. :)

Airwolf
Barnaby Jones
Batman
Bosom Buddies
Cagney and Lacy
Cannon
CHiPs
Code Red
The Fall Guy
Hart to Hart
Hawaii Five-0
Hill Street Blues
James at 15/16
Lou Grant
Major Dad
Mission Impossible (maybe with the release of MI3?)
Murder, She Wrote
Nash Bridges
The Paper Chase
Police Story
Silver Spoons
The Streets of San Francisco
The Rat Patrol
The Rookies
TJ Hooker
Sea Hunt
Switch
Vega$
Walker Texas Ranger
Welcome Back Kotter

I'd also like to see sporting events on DVD too.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
The latest catalogue from Critic's Choice DVD lists The Champions boxed set 1 coming out this year. The series has already been released in region 2 by Contender, and most of their releases seem to show up on A&E's label here in the US, so that's another show that can be added to the list.

I want Vega$. With so many other shows I want on disc coming out, this has moved to the top of my most-wanted list. It ran for three complete seasons, was a huge hit in its time - and bootleg tapes and discs go for a fortune on eBay. There is definitely a market for the show. It would be nice if the Vegas boom on TV could be exploited for this great Spelling show to see legal shiny little discs ... and if season 3 of Charlie's Angels comes out, Vega$ would be a perfect companion, given the third season opener is a crossover with Vega$ ... I want my Dan Tanna! :>

StanNicodemus

Auditioning
I agree with Karl M.

I would love to see Batman, Bosom Buddies, CHiP's, Major Dad, Murder, She Wrote, Silver Spoons, etc.

I would also like to see Shazam!, the Animated & the Live Action Shows. I would also like Isis, Freedom Force, Kid Super Power Hour w/ Shazam, and more Superfriends.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i like to see in Season sets...

7 DAYS
FANTASTIC FOUR (SET)(1967)
Seaquest DSV
Galactica 1980
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE ... soon 2005
Star Trek: Animated ... soon 2005
IT'S ABOUT TIME
Pirates of Darkwater
Quincy ... soon 2005
starlost
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Thundarr the Barbarian
BEAVIS & BUTTHEAD
Gummi Bears
Addams Family
Shazzan

this the most...

VOYAGERS
X-MEN (cartoon set)
FRAGGLE ROCK ... soon
THE TIME TUNNEL
ThunderCats

and here are some shows i love to see released...

BRIGHT LEAF (1950)
CARBINE WILLIAMS
Crack In The World
FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON(1958)
IT (1966)
KILLDOZER
LT. Robin Crusoe, U.S.N.
Sergeant DeadHead
SOMETHING FOR A LONELY MAN
The Amazing Captain Nemo
VISIT TO A SMALL PLANET
WAY... WAY OUT

shows i like to see released most is...

THE QUESTOR TAPES
THE GIRL, THE GOLDWATCH AND EVERYTHING
SALVAGE ONE
EXOMAN

John McM

Second Unit
definates:
Charmed
Roseanne
One Day At A Time

maybes:
Cosby Show
Simon And Simon
Family Ties
The Brady Bunch

continuing sets:
Simpsons 6 & 7
Roswell season 3
Popular season 2
Taxi seasons 2, 3, 4 and 5
Happy Days season 2 (and will we get 3 if lucky?)
South Park seasons 5 and 6 (could we squeeze in 7 to get back on pace? I mean, Taco Flavored Kisses!)

would be fantastic if we hear word on these titles in 2005:
Diff'rent Strokes season 2 (will certainly buy up to season 6 if Sony releases them, and hell, for $29.99 list, even seasons 7 and 8 have a chance of being bought by me)
The Facts Of Life
Ally McBeal (in season sets)

MartyG

Grip
Karl M: I'm also definetely one for "Airwolf", and also "The Equalizer", along with the following sets:

Season 2's of "The A-Team" & "Magnum, p.i."
Season 1 of the new Ronald Moore "Battlestar Galactica"
Season 1's of "J.A.G.", & "N.C.I.S."
Season 4 of "24

Helie

Grip
Definates..

Doogie Howswer M.D
Family Ties

Maybe's

Charmed(Something tells me to hang on til the region 2 version are released).

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Angel - Season 5
South Park - Seasons 5 and 6
Seinfeld - Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 (come one, two more per release!)
Felicity - Season 4
Popular - Season 2
Twin Peaks - Season 2 (still hopeful)
Alias - Season 4
24 - Season 4
The Golden Girls - Seasons 2 and 3
ROSEANNE (Give me the series now!!! ;) )

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
There a few things on this list I'll definately pick up but there's so many left off. I wish the studio's that owned older show would realize there are a market for them. Instead we get the quick and easy route of releasing recent series and reality shows. I'm 42 years old. I was not born when shows from the 50's were on and alot of these shows never even made a splash in 60's syndication. I'd love to see Playhouse 90 and where's Get Smart, or Non PD Beverly Hillbillies or Petticoat Junction ? Where's all the westerns ? I'd buy Gunsmoke, The Big Valley, Wild Wild West,Bonanza at least the 1st seasons probably more.

So While it's an OK List I can't help but feel there's a significant era being ignored.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Adam 12
Bewitched*
Bionic Woman, The
Brady Bunch, The*
Emergency!
Flying Nun, The*
Gidget
Hogan's Heroes*
I Dream of Jeannie*
Josie and the Pussycats
McCloud
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
NewsRadio*
Partridge Family, The*
Quincy, M.E.
Rockford Files, The
Six Million Dollar Man, The

* denotes must haves, the rest I'm interested in. I'm glad Mr. Rogers is coming, but doubt I'll be getting it. I'm not sure how some of these will hold up, especially stuff like Adam 12 and Emergency, which I'm sure I saw a dozen times in their entirety as a kid.

I'm also hoping for further seasons of Northern Exposure and The Waltons. Who has time for movies anymore?

SarahG

Second Unit
McGyuver for sure. Already got the old Battlestar Galactica series, getting myself ready for this coming Friday. 24 I'll probably pick up, and I'm thinking about getting The Cosby Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks