TV Shows coming to DVD in 2005??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mick Tees, Oct 23, 2004.

1. John*P

John*P Second Unit

I'm still waiting for news on Family Ties and Dharma & Greg...

2. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I was looking around Sitcoms Online and there's a really cool thread that has 2005 TV DVD Releases. It goes all the way up to December. I don't know if some of the shows on there are for sure coming but if they are that's awesome. I noticed Silver Sppons which had Jason bateman in it. I'm interested in seeing his other stuff I hear It's Your Move was really good.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...3&page=1&pp=15

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

4. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Jason Bateman was hilarious as Derick on Silver Spoons...so much so that apparently, he was given his own show, "It's Your Move", which I have heard nothing but good things about. I'm currently trying to convince some studios to release all 18 episodes of that show on DVD. And while we're talking about Jason Bateman, don't forget The Hogan Family, which I have the biggest craving to watch these days...

5. andyEckles

andyEckles Agent

I would be so jazzed if someone decided to release the 6 episode run of 2000 Malibu Road, the 1992 Aaron Spelling masterpiece. It was a fantastic show, all-star-cast, brilliant writing and directing, and was 1 or 2 in the Nielsen's every week. Why it was cancelled is a mystery. A DVD release would be awesome, and I know a lot of people would buy it - it was very popular.

6. Richard Ringenbach

Richard Ringenbach Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard anything lately about NYPD BLUE SEASON 3?

7. BernieV

BernieV Stunt Coordinator

Rocky & Bullwinkle S3 is up for preorder at DDD. The release date given is 9/13/05.

8. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

This is my 2nd post and I just browsed thru this thread and the amount of TV shows you people own on DVD is astounding!! WOW! I'm amazed. I am such a TV junkie and I don't know a single person who loves TV as much as me...obviously I've been going to the wrong places. This is the thread I needed to be in all along!!! Now if only I could get the chance to chat with a few of you I'd be in heaven.

Anyway, what I would like to see on DVD is:

Dream On (continuing Season sets)
    Darma & Greg (Season 3 & 4 since I missed those seasons when they were on)
    That 70's Show (Season 5 on)

Other than that I can't think of anything. Even though I love TV I'm not big on reruns so I want shows that I haven't seen so they will be "new" to me. I have become the fan of many shows thanks to watching them on DVD:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Smallville
    Six Feet Under
    Felicity
    Providence (got the "Best of" DVD and had to watch the rest of the series on Lifetime)
    Joe Schmo

And I have a list 3x as long of shows that are on DVD that I have never seen that I will eventually get around to watching.