What's new

TV Shows coming to DVD in 2005?? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
All I want is "Hill Street Blues" & "St Elsewhere". Nothing else matters to me about TV shows!!!!
frown.gif

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Stuff like CHiPs that isn't on the list is because there is no announcement saying it is for-sure coming in 2005! I'll continue to cross my fingers for that one, among others.

I just added Woody Woodpecker Show, Six Million Dollar Man, Saved By The Bell: The New Class, Jamie Foxx Show, Wayans Bros., Night Court, Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and Mr. Magoo Show to the list...that's 8 more bringing it up to 86!
eek.gif

Rodrick

Second Unit
MORE 7TH HEAVEN SETS. SEASON 2 THRU 5. ALONG WITH FRASIER, HOME IMPROVEMENT, HOPEFULLY FRIENDS, AND CHEERS.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Forgot another one I'd like to see: Beauty and the Beast, starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton. It was sadly short-lived, so a complete series set should be within reason.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Since I've slacked off lately, I just added a bunch more to bring my list in the 5th post of this thread up-to-date:

Degrassi Jr. High (making it official), Jim Henson Presents Mother Goose Stories, Shelly Duvall's Tall Tales and Legends, Scrubs, Lost, Lidsville, and The Pretender.

That's 7 more, bringing it up to 93 series that will be "for-sure" newly introduced on DVD in 2005, if current plans hold up (and don't forget last-minute-in-2004 surprises like Highway to Heaven was!). Every item on my list in post 5 is related to a news post at TVShowsOnDVD that Gord or I have made, so I feel pretty good about that list.

I see a lot of other speculation and wishes in this thread...keep 'em coming! Stuff that seems to be fanboy dreams are actually coming true (I had despaired a bit about Scrubs, to be honest, and was just so enthusiastic when I got the good word from Donald Faison ("Turk") himself that I did one of my patented naked dances around the room!!). It seems that nothing is beyond reach completely in this booming era of TV-on-DVD, and Hollywood is looking forward to the coming era of the new hi-def formats that have larger storage capacities, when they can put more episodes onto fewer discs. Right now I see awesome stuff ahead for this genre of home video! :emoji_thumbsup:

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards
I just read Part 3 of the David Gerrold interview at the TVShowsonDVD site. I hope to God I don't have to go through Columbia House to get Star Trek Animated. Their prices suck for TV DVDs and I just know they'll charge $19.95 for 4 episodes by subscription only.

John McM

Second Unit
are Roseanne, Cosby Show and Simon And Simon guarenteed for 2005 or just possibles? (since I remember Charmed was a "possible" 2002 release and it's just now coming out in 2005)

John McM

Second Unit

considering it's Star Trek, even a Paramount set of the animated series would still even out to about $4.99 an episode.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Roseanne, Cosby Show, and Simon & Simon are on my list because I'm SURE of them as releases in 2005 based on info from the studios. That doesn't mean that plans won't change, you know?

Forgot to note recent changes to the list: took off Murder She Wrote because it's available now via a special offer (see news at TVShowsOnDVD for details), and added Stripperella, Taxicab Confessions, America Undercover, and Pimp My Ride.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Packy, you got it! Anything for you. :wink:

Who are you?

The new number 2.

Who is number 1?

YOU are number 6!

I am not a number; I am a free man!!

:laugh:

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Okay, rather than post a list of never happen in a million years wants, I'll list a few shows that had mainstream popularity and a lot of syndication. Any chance for:

Bilko
Dobie Gillis
The Fugitive
Odd Couple
The Invaders
That Girl
Mission Impossible
The Untouchables

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
For unreleased shows, I am hoping for one of my favorite shows Unhappily Ever After will come out. I am also looking out for.

Step By Step
Family Matters
Small Wonder
Beavis & Butthead (Season Form)
Entourage
Gary & Mike: The Complete Series (If they can release Greg the Bunny which lasted about the same length, they can release this)

Give me the shows on DVD in season form in 2005 & I will be happy.

For released shows I am wanting Simpsons Season 6 & 7 if possible, South Park 5 & 6 & at the end of the year if possible, Family Guy Season 4 after it is released.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Dragnet, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Remmington Steele and Ironsides make me very very happy, needless to say. Hopefully the wait for those releases will not be too long, especially since I'm digging deeper into vintage TV and Dragnet just recently came up as an early show.

By the by, what's the status and/or rights issues with Perry Mason? Would seem that would be a nice companion with Ironsides. Seriously, both the classic black and white and later TV movies would be MUST buys for me as I'm a great fan of both.

My poor poor wallet...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks