1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba 65H81

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil Middlemiss, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Premium
    Supporter

Neil Middlemiss
    I just bought a Toshiba 65H81. I love the set but have a question. On some anamorphic discs, the picture is not as crisp as I was expecting. I am using the S Video connector from my DVD player and I see some grainy edges within the picture. Is there anything I should be doing to improve the picture or are my expectations for a crisp picture (that I had with my 32 inch TV) too high?

Thanks.

Neil

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

With an HD ready set take a look at upgrading to a progressive scan DVD player....

3. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Premium
    Supporter

Neil Middlemiss
    Will that make an appreciable difference?

4. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Yes it will, without a doubt...

5. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

Neil,

If your DVD player has component outputs then I recommend using those instead of the S-video, this will help out with your picture. Another thing you can do is select movie mode on the TV and then adjust the settings how you like them. I recommend keeping the contrast below 50. Get your self a copy of AVIA or Video Essentials. These DVD's will help you calibrate your TV's picture, these DVD's do make a difference in picture quality. There are a lot of things you can do to improve your picture and getting a progressive DVD player will help, you might also want to look into a good quality line conditioner, this reducess a lot of the noise. Good luck.

6. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Premium
    Supporter

Neil Middlemiss
    Thanks for the advice!!!!