What's new

Toshiba 65H81 (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I just bought a Toshiba 65H81. I love the set but have a question. On some anamorphic discs, the picture is not as crisp as I was expecting. I am using the S Video connector from my DVD player and I see some grainy edges within the picture. Is there anything I should be doing to improve the picture or are my expectations for a crisp picture (that I had with my 32 inch TV) too high?

Thanks.

Neil

Mike I

Supporting Actor
With an HD ready set take a look at upgrading to a progressive scan DVD player....

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Neil,

If your DVD player has component outputs then I recommend using those instead of the S-video, this will help out with your picture. Another thing you can do is select movie mode on the TV and then adjust the settings how you like them. I recommend keeping the contrast below 50. Get your self a copy of AVIA or Video Essentials. These DVD's will help you calibrate your TV's picture, these DVD's do make a difference in picture quality. There are a lot of things you can do to improve your picture and getting a progressive DVD player will help, you might also want to look into a good quality line conditioner, this reducess a lot of the noise. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks