Toshiba 65H81

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil Middlemiss, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    I just bought a Toshiba 65H81. I love the set but have a question. On some anamorphic discs, the picture is not as crisp as I was expecting. I am using the S Video connector from my DVD player and I see some grainy edges within the picture. Is there anything I should be doing to improve the picture or are my expectations for a crisp picture (that I had with my 32 inch TV) too high?

Thanks.

Neil

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

With an HD ready set take a look at upgrading to a progressive scan DVD player....

3. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Will that make an appreciable difference?

4. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Yes it will, without a doubt...

5. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

Neil,

If your DVD player has component outputs then I recommend using those instead of the S-video, this will help out with your picture. Another thing you can do is select movie mode on the TV and then adjust the settings how you like them. I recommend keeping the contrast below 50. Get your self a copy of AVIA or Video Essentials. These DVD's will help you calibrate your TV's picture, these DVD's do make a difference in picture quality. There are a lot of things you can do to improve your picture and getting a progressive DVD player will help, you might also want to look into a good quality line conditioner, this reducess a lot of the noise. Good luck.

6. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Thanks for the advice!!!!