What's new

TIME TUNNEL! - Where Are You? (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

That fact was, of course, a case of the writers taking liberties with facts (or being just plain careless) rather than a case of time traveling changing history. One could even blame it on whoever was responsible for the end credits, since the name "Malcolm" doesn't surface in the actual filmed episode, but only printed in the credits. These would be the same people who misspelled one of the regular cast's name through a number of early episodes: Whit Bissell's name was listed as "Whit Bissel" in four or five episodes after the pilot.

Harry

brian MC

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McKenna
My copy finally arrived today to me,in Ireland.A question about the interviews on the discs,when were they filmed,i thought that Whit Bissell was dead? James Darren looks great for his age,he wouldn't look out of place in the planned remake from the SciFi channel in 2007.:)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

The interviews were taped for the mid-'90s special, THE FANTASY WORLDS OF IRWIN ALLEN, a SciFi Channel special celebrating thirty years of Irwin Allen sci-fi shows. The special was later released on VHS tape and later, DVD.

Not all of the interviews made that program however, and what's on the new TIME TUNNEL discs are leftovers from those sessions, in addition to some repeats. Whit Bissell died not too long after doing that interview.

Harry

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

I just watched the 2002 pilot with a couple of friends last night. While the original was not known for it's plot consistency, we found this new version prepostorous. Okay, they go back to 1944 in the middle of a huge World War 2 battle dressed as U.S. soldiers so they can fit in with the time. AND THEY BRING 2 WOMEN WITH THEM! And one of them is black? SURE. That wouldn't make them stand out or draw any attention to them. I'd love to know the genius who wrote that one up. Once that happened, the show completely lost us.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

This is precisely the reason I cannot stand to watch the current crop of tv shows (and many films as well), due to the blatent attempts at revisionist history and PC nonsense. I've shown some co-workers TT and VTTBOTS on DVD and they comment how they'd forgotten how hokey these shows were (SFX, acting, dialogue, insensitivity, etc.) And I've seen reviews from people no doubt born well after these shows left the air complaining about how Newman and Phillips have no real lives, i.e. they never argue with one another, they don't miss their families or discuss their innermost feelings, blah blah.

The way I see it, the show is infinitely more preferable to what TT as a series would be today, with the two scientists apoligizing for what happened to the peoples they'd encounter throughout history as a result of colonialism, war or whatever. These two scientists, they go back in time and proceed to kick everyone's ass when acosted...and I'm fine with that.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I mis-spoke in the VOYAGE thread about what episodes I still had left to watch, totally forgetting about "The Kidnappers." Since this has nothing to do with VOYAGE, I thought I'd correct myself here.

Last evening my wife and I watched "Merlin The Magician" and the next-episode teaser, of course, led into "The Kidnappers". So NOW I have three episodes left to watch, savoring them slowly.

The Kidnappers
Raiders From Outer Space
Town Of Terror

And I still haven't looked at the full presentation of TIME TRAVELERS in the bonus section.

Harry

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Just finished watching "Town of Terror" this week. If it hadn't been for the credits, I would never have known that the girl was played by Heather Young. Kind of a momentous occasion for me, for as this marks the first time I've seen all episodes of TT.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
You guys are doing better than me. Since I'm watching this one with someone else I'm going slower thru this set than I'd be otherwise since it's among my all-time'ers of series. I'm up to "The Secret Weapon".

brian MC

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McKenna
I have just watched Kill Two By Two which starred the recently deceased Mako!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I was saddened to hear of the passing of the great actor, Mako. His presence was all over the episode "Kill Two By Two" and made an impression on me all those years ago. Every time I saw him after that, in shows like M*A*S*H, I always gave a thought to the character he played on THE TIME TUNNEL.

Harry

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
It was great to watch through the series again on DVD. There definitely was a trend toward more future/alien stories at the end of the series, but overall it was entertaining. Sometimes shows like this and voyage may have seemed hokey and cheesy, but I wonder if 40 years in the future people will look back at today's shows and wonder why we were taking ourselves so darn seriously.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm finally on the last two episodes of volume 1. I bought it the day it came out and enjoyed it from the beginning, but my DVD watching slowed for a while. I'm finally working my way through my sets, and Time Tunnel is the current one I'm doing. I've been watching a couple a night for the past week or so. I know I'm going to want volume 2 real soon. Too bad I missed out on the release day prices!

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Does anyone know when Land of the Giants will be making it onto Fox DVD. I expected it to appear before Voyage Second 2 Part 1 but there has been no announcement as yet.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I'm "rescuing" this thread for one reason only. Today, September 9th, 2006 is the 40th Anniversary of the premiere of THE TIME TUNNEL on ABC. Back in 1966 on this date, the show debuted at 8 PM Eastern Time with the pilot episode, "Rendezvous With Yesterday."

Now we have access to the entire series on DVD. It only took 40 years, but I'm happy.

Happy Anniversary, TIME TUNNEL!

Harry

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I'm going to celebrate by watching "Rendevous" tonight. I knew Star Trek's 40th was yesterday, just wasn't aware that TT debuted the next night. Man it was great being 7 years old in '66. Wait a minute...I was always in bed by 7:30!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Yep. Though I love STAR TREK too, I wanted to give TIME TUNNEL its due by mentioning it at least here. The STAR TREK 40th was all over the media yesterday.

Both shows aired on their respective networks' sneak preview weeks leading up to the standard Fall premiere week. STAR TREK aired on Thursday at 8:30 PM Eastern and TIME TUNNEL premiered the very next night (Friday) at 8 PM following THE GREEN HORNET.

I'm happy that the series' life has been extended by having it expertly preserved on DVD.

Harry

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
The video quality on set 2 is virtually identical to set one, though a couple of episodes have minor problems - but nothing serious. The worst is some scratched-film lines in "Raiders From Outer Sapce".

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks